General Scope of the Role
We seek a dynamic Team Leader for a technical assistance project in Ghana. The successful candidate will be expected to bring industry best practice approaches in Private-Public Partnerships (PPPs) and franchising to the assignment.
Specifically, as Team Leader, you will provide the following services:
· Review relevant documentation and consult with key stakeholders
· Design and prepare a comprehensive franchising model that includes a business model which clearly indicates the ownership, operations and management structure, key partnerships, key activities, cost structure, channels to markets, communication with consumers and revenue streams
· Prepare a Master Franchise Agreement (MFA) that spells out steps to be taken, terms and conditions, the legal frameworks and the operational and financial management processes required for the franchisor (Enterprise Ghana Agency) and the franchisee to assume their respective responsibilities
· Draft guides/tools for data collection and a proposed framework for field data collection
· Carry out an early market engagement exercise with potential private sector operators to test the framework modalities and conditions for franchising the operations and management of the BRCs to private sector franchisees
· Assist in the preparation of a draft Request for Proposals/Tender Document for the engagement of franchisees.
· Produce monthly progress reports
Nature / Duration of Contract
Nature of employment: Independent Consultant. This is a short-term role in Ghana
Duration: The assignment should be delivered within 3 months.
Reporting relationship: The Consultant will report to the Engagement Manager for this assignment.
Qualification and Experience
The successful candidate must:
· Be a Franchising Expert with a minimum of a Masters Degree or an equivalent qualification in any of the following Disciplines: Economics, Law, Finance, and Management.
· Have experience in franchising models and agreements
· Have a minimum of 7 years post-qualification, experience working on franchising agreements and public-private partnerships assignments.
· Have excellent skills in project management demonstrated in previous jobs
· Have a proven track record in working within multidisciplinary teams
· Deadline for receipt of application is 23 April 2021
To apply, please forward your cover letter and CV giving details of your qualifications and experience quoting IDAS/REP/2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org Applications must be received latest by 23 April 2021.
*Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted*