Oxford Policy Management and the Natural Resources & Energy Portfolio offer exciting projects, dynamic colleagues and a unique and inspiring workplace. The sector team is currently leading the implementation of three large DFID programmes – the Applied Research Programme Energy and Economic Growth (EEG), the Facility for Oil Sector Transformation (FOSTER), and the Ghana Oil and Gas for Inclusive Growth (GOGIG).
We are looking to recruit a dynamic and talented Team Leader who has convincing people management experience, ability to develop and implement strategy and a team’s trust as they implement their vision for OPM’s offer in the natural resources and energy markets.
The team leader will work with the portfolio on a range of policy-related issues, strategy development, people management, and work closely with relevant external and internal stakeholders to ensure the effective and efficient implementation of the portfolio’s projects from early business development, proposal writing to implementation and close down.
Responsibilities will include:
- Exemplary people and line management through dedicated teamwork, leading-by-example and a genuine interest in developing the team’s skills and competencies.
- Successfully leading large donor programmes within the portfolio’s existing pipeline to achieve impact on the ground and ensure strong programme management.
- Continue to develop the portfolio’s capacity and strengthen OPM’s position in both the natural resources and energy markets.
- Effectively undertake proactive business development, have an entrepreneurial style and know how to deliver a successful proposal in collaboration with the team to enhance the portfolio’s pipeline of projects in natural resources and energy.
In order to be successful at shortlisting, candidates will display the following skills and experiences:
- Degree and post-graduate qualification in a relevant discipline (economics, political science, natural resource governance, private sector development, environmental resources, or energy economics).
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a commitment to mentoring and team development.
- Substantial experience of the consultancy business and, ideally, experience of natural resources and energy sectors.
- Demonstrable team management experience, and an ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and clients, both verbally and in writing.
- Project management expertise, including the management of large project teams.
- Experience of negotiation with senior government officials and staff of international aid agencies.
- Preferably, the ability to work in at least one relevant language other than English.
The position is full-time, permanent, and based in our office in Oxford, UK. Some travel to Africa and Asia is required but this can be tailored to the right candidate’s needs.
Please submit a CV and covering letter through the OPM website portal by Sunday 15th December 2019 at 23:59pm UK time.
Please note we are unable to accept CVs sent to an email address.
About the Organization
We are an international development consultancy committed to helping low- and middle-income countries achieve growth and reduce poverty and disadvantage through public policy reform.
Working in all areas of social and economic policy and governance, we seek to bring about lasting positive change through analytical and practical policy expertise. Through our global network of offices, we work in partnership with national decision-makers to research, design, implement, and evaluate impactful public policy in over 100 countries.
We draw on our local and international sector experts, alongside a network of expert associates and dedicated support staff, to provide the very best evidence-based support.