Overall Purpose of the Job:
The SSA Business Development Manager is to deliver new and profitable business across the SSA Region. To direct team to provide front line sales support to the clients and effectively liaise with the Operations teams within the SSA Region.
Foster positive relationships with clients to gain accurate and up to date intelligence on their organisation, specific needs, standards and activity schedules to enable appropriate sales strategies to be developed.
Measure and coordinate information to report on business development activities within the Region. Ensure Company’s standards, policies and procedures adhered to and that optimal service quality is always provided to the entire satisfaction of our clients.
Key Activities and Accountabilities:
1. Identify opportunities for new business within Region and develop appropriate strategies for delivering these to deliver business growth.
2. Ensure that right relationship with clients within Region is fostered so their business and contracting needs are wholly understood and met.
3. Set business plan for Region rollout to team, monitor progress and action areas of concerns affecting targets.
4. Oversee tender process their associated commercial evaluations and business cases in line with company policies, procedures and any legislative requirements.
5. Coordinate and deliver regular market analysis and feedback to Region and Group on clients and competitors.
6. Provide marketing material ,presentations, attend seminars and technical functions to develop and strengthen customer relations ships and extend knowledge of company products and services to clients.
7. Record and maintain up to date customer opportunities, market and competitor intelligence. Ensure records are kept up todate including Sales Force Database.
8. Ensure the effective flow of information relating to Business Development across Region, Operations teams and ProductLines is achieved.
9. Liaise with internal and external bodies as and when required to ensure all information is circulated as appropriate also client questions and queries are resolved in a timely manner. Liaise with manager on any concerns.
10. Actively adhere to the Code of Conduct and Anti-Bribery policies, procedures and processes to ensure the highest ethical standards are maintained and exposure to liability or risk to Expro’s reputation is minimised. Provide leadership in all ethical issues; ensure employees are aware of Expro’s compliance requirements and feel able to report possible violations or conflicts of interest.
11. Actively adhere to and ensure compliance with applicable Quality policies, procedures, processes & systems. Take an active part in quality improvement processes. Act on reported deficiencies and approve deviations from standard procedures as appropriate.
12. Ensure that employees adhere to and comply with all applicable Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) policies, procedures and processes. Provide leadership in HSE; encourage employees to take responsibility and be accountable for their own and others’ safety and provide an environment where they feel authorised to stop any unsafe job. Ensure that all incidents and non-conformances are reported in line with the appropriate procedures and deadlines; ensure that all incidents are investigated and corrective actions raised as required; where appropriate, participates in incident investigations.
13. Supervise, mentor and coach direct reports and ensure completion of their Employee Development Plans. Where applicable, ensure that training and competency programs are in place to facilitate the mentoring of subordinates through the competency system. Conduct competency assessments when required.
Job Knowledge and Qualifications:
1. Hold a Professional Qualification preferably in a Technical area.
2. 13+ years work experience within Technical or Sales role preferably in line with a company product line.
3. Proficient in MS Word, Data Bases and PowerPoint.
4. Financial Awareness in tender/quotation/ budget process.
1. Integrity/Compliance – behaves in a fair, honest and ethical manner toward others; adheres to Company Code of Conduct.
2. Interpersonal Sensitivity – identifies with and shows understanding or concern for others; values diversity.
3. Technical – achieves and applies a competent level of technical and/or professional skill or knowledge relevant to the role.
4. Safety Leadership – identifies and corrects conditions that affect employee safety.
5. Strategic Thinking – considers internal and external forces; develops alternatives and delivers actions that are aligned with and support the Company vision.
6. Leadership – helps people perform at their best, instilling passion and a strong sense of direction, aligning teams and individuals.
7. Effort with the organisation’s Vision and Values.
8. Commercial Acuity – demonstrates understanding of the wider business implications of decisions aiming to achieve value and maximise opportunities.
9. Inspiration – Infuses spirit; influences others to creative or effective efforts and/or to achieve outstanding results.
10. Influence – persuades, influences or convinces others to adopt a specific course of action.
11. Tenacity – Continues firmly or steadily until the desired objective is obtained or is no longer reasonable attainable.
12. Judgement – Able to formulate opinions, compare and decide; shows sound business sense.
1. Compliance Control Position –No
2. High Exposure Position – Yes
3. Health and Safety:
4. Safety Critical Role – No
To apply for this job please visit career5.successfactors.eu.