Spray Operations Data Coordinator
Abt. Associates Inc., a US-based company, is implementing USAID–funded President’s Malaria Initiative VectorLink project.
The project is supporting the implementation of malaria control strategies such as bednet distribution and indoor residual spraying (IRS). In Ghana, Abt has been implementing IRS in the northern areas since 2011 and is preparing for the 2020 IRS campaign.
Abt Associates is currently seeking qualified individuals to fill a temporary position as a Spray Operations Data Coordinator for the 2020 IRS campaign.
The successful candidates will be contracted for up to 4 months. Candidates that live in any of the following districts will be preferred: Bunkpurugu-Nakpanduri/Yunyoo-Nasuan (Nakpanduri), Tatale-Sanguli, East Mamprusi (Gambaga), Gushegu, Karaga, Kumbungu, Mamprugu Moagduri (Yagaba), West Mamprusi (Walewale).
Responsibilities of Spray Operations Data Coordinator
- Lead training sessions for temporary workers on mobile technology (mHealth) tools.
- Test mobile phone applications; purchase and activate SIM cards
- Test existing phones and batteries and create a phone inventory
- Update the project mHealth tool handbook in order to prepare the phones for activation and the software platform to manage the data collected through phones-based tools
- Assist with preparing tablets and charges for mobile data collection exercise.
During the campaign
- Send out job aid messages per established schedule
- Troubleshoot any technical issues with the phones, tablets or any other related equipment to ensure smooth daily operation of the gadgets
- Manage inventory of all phones used during spray operations
- Aggregate mHealth data for the final report.
Required Skills or Experience
- Minimum of Higher National Diploma in information communication and technology (ICT) or other related fields.
- Experience in data management with demonstrated ability to plan and coordinate large-scale data collection.
- Experience with data analysis and interpretation of results will be an advantage.
- Ability to work under pressure with little or no supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team.
- Good understanding and experience (preferred) of software platforms for mass SMS
- Strong computer skills with good understanding on the use of MS Excel and Access and also understand DHIS2 operations for more information visit: (https://academy.dhis2.org/courses/HISP/DHIS2_Level1/2015_Q1/about)
- Proficiency in English and one or more Northern Ghanaian languages will be an advantage.
- Willingness to travel to the IRS implementing districts.
- Previous work experience in IRS will be an added advantage.
How To Apply
Select a preferred district from the list provided above and state it in your application letter. Application letters that do not have specific district indicated will not be considered.
Submit an application letter and CV by ONE of the methods stated below. Do not use both methods to apply:
- Email application to the following address: email@example.com. Please indicate the position and preferred district in the subject line of the email. Emails without district and Job title will not be considered.
- Deliver application by hand to the Abt/PMI VectorLink Project office located near VSO office off the SSNIT Road Junction Kalpohine Estates, Tamale.
Deadline for submission of applications is 5:00 pm Friday, December 13, 2019;
Note: Applications submitted after this date will not be considered.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Females are particularly encouraged to apply!