Website Total Family Health Organisation (TFHO)
Social Behavior Change Communication Officer (SBCC)
“Total Family Health Organisation (TFHO) is a Social Marketing Organisation with the core mandate of encouraging healthy behaviors and providing affordable health products across Ghana. TFHO is an independent network member of Population Services International (PSI).
TFHO currently focuses on socially marketed family planning commodities, Maternal and Child Health commodities and Water Sanitation and Hygiene commodities. TFHO is a local Social Marketing Organization that promotes healthier lives by providing quality health commodities.
Social Behavior Change Communication Officer Job Description
The Social Behavior Change Communication Officer (SBCC) will provide technical support to all social marketing interventions related to behavior change. S/he will lead the development and implementation of TFHO’s behavior change strategy focusing on culturally sensitive and acceptable solutions for changing behavior related to family planning, maternal and child health and water sanitation and hygiene.
Reporting and relationships: S/he will report to the Senior Marketing Manager and support all social marketing interventions from design to execution stages and will facilitate all SBCC related activities across multiple levels.
Essential Job Functions of the Social Behavior Change Communication Officer
- Develop, plan, prepare and manage effective innovative, comprehensive evidence-based SBCC initiatives for different target populations
- Develop an evidence map of interventions for social, behavioral and community engagement interventions for reproductive, maternal, child, water, sanitation and hygiene related health products and services.
- Lead in the creation of communication strategies that effectively responds to the needs of the target audience and addresses any challenges related to the context, the community or intervention
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of health topics such as family planning and contraception; water, sanitation and hygiene; maternal and child health.
- Work in close collaboration with other TFHO departments to implement the SBCC strategies in an integrated manner.
- Advance SBCC efforts across TFHO’s programming activities and initiatives.
- Evaluate the success, challenges, opportunities and lessons learned in demand generation activities for family planning and other health products and services
- Develop and distribute case studies and success stories to highlight successfully implemented SBCC interventions.
- Provide relevant input and assist in the implementation of project deliverables, work plans, and reports.
- Working experience, expertise, and understanding of the non-profit, development and AID sector
- Perform any other duty as may be required of an SBCC Officer.
Availability: The SBCC Officer will be expected to work a standard work week of 40 hours. The position will be based in Accra, Ghana and will need to be flexible to work in local conditions. This position will require a minimum of 25% travel within Ghana.
Required Skills or Experience of the Social Behavior Change Communication Officer
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proven technical expertise in behavior change, including but not limited to creating, designing, implementation and/or evaluation of social behavior change health interventions
- Demonstrated understanding of the social, cultural and environmental antecedents of health behavior across diverse populations.
- Experience in using qualitative methodologies such as focus group discussions and in-depth interviews.
- Ability to design effective campaigns that generates demand and write successes
- Knowledge of USAID regulations and reporting requirements is highly desirable.
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues at all levels especially government and other relevant agencies and institutions in the delivery of total family health to the people of Ghana
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Excellent English language skills, both written and spoken, and strong presentation skills.
- Ability to travel domestically
Education and Experience
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in Communication, Public Health, Sociology, Psychology or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant behavior change project experience in Ghana.
How To Apply
- The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made in appropriate circumstances to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Interested candidates may apply by email to email@example.com Please put “SBCC” in the subject line.
- No Calls Please.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org