Abt. Associates Inc., a US-based company, is implementing USAID–funded President’s Malaria Initiative VectorLink project. The project is supporting implementation of malaria control strategies such as bednet distribution and indoor residual spraying (IRS). In Ghana, Abt has been implementing IRS in the northern sector since 2011 and is preparing for the 2021 IRS campaign.
For the VectorLink project, Abt Associates is seeking qualified individuals to fill temporary positions of Site Managers (26 positions) and Field Supervisors (70 positions) at the following IRS operational sites:
|Bunkpurugu-Napkanduri||Nakpanduri, Binde and Bunkpurugu|
|East Mamprusi||Gambaga, Langbensi, Sakogu, Nagboo and Gbintiri|
|Gushegu||Gushegu, Galwei, Kpatinga and Nabuli|
|Karaga||Karaga, Sandua/Zandua and Pishigu|
|Kumbungu||Kumbungu and Dalun|
|Mamprugu Moaduri||Kubori and Yizesi|
|Tatale-Sanguli||Tatale and Kandin-Sheini|
|West Mamprusi||Wungu, Kpasenkpe and Janga|
|Yunyoo-Nasuan||Nasuan and Yunyoo|
Females are strongly encouraged to apply!
Prior to recruitment, selected candidates will go through a training to get oriented to the job tasks and responsibilities. Site managers and field supervisors will be under supervision of District Operations Coordinators.
- Minimum academic qualification of a Diploma in any field
- Ability to manage groups of people and/or tasks under pressure with little or no supervision
- Previous experience in an IRS operations is preferred but not required
- Good verbal communication skills in English
- Knowledge of a local language of northern Ghana is an advantage
- Possession of a valid motorcycle driver’s license is an advantage
- MUST have a valid health insurance policy
- MUST be able to use a mobile phone to perform basic functions such as sending SMS
- Ability to troubleshoot and provide support with operating digital devices will be an advantage.
Application letter must specify job title and preferred district and operational site (from table above). Otherwise the candidate will not be considered.
To apply, submit an application letter and CV, address to “Through the Operations Manager” PMI VectorLink Project, Ghana- Tamale, using one of the instructions below:
- Deliver application and CV by hand to the Abt/PMI VectorLink Project office located near the former VSO office off the SSNIT Road BB Gas Junction, Tamale.
- Submit application and CV to the security guards at the district or sub-district office of the PMI VectorLink Project in the aforementioned sites/ sub-districts.
- Email application and CV to the following address: email@example.com. Please indicate the position and preferred sub-districts in the subject line of the email. Emails without this information will not be considered.
- Deliver application and CV by hand to the Ghana Health Service district or sub-district office or the District Assembly.
Only qualified applicants will be contacted. Please note that, successful candidates will be contracted for not more than 2 months.
Deadline for submission of applications is 5:00PM Tuesday December 15th, 2020.
Applications submitted after this date will not be considered.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted