Tetra Tech International Jobs in Ghana
Tetra Tech International Jobs in Ghana
Senior Technical Specialists
Tetra Tech International Development Services, headquartered in Arlington, VA is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for potential Cross-Cutting Specialist positions on an anticipated U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID)-funded Ghana Fisheries Recovery Activity.
The goal of this activity is to mitigate the near-collapse of the small pelagic fisheries sector in Ghana and establish a durable basis for its recovery. The activity is anticipated to have five objectives:
(1) Increase livelihood opportunities for fishing households,
(2) Increase value of artisanal fishers’ products and increase their integration to markets,
(3) Strengthen government practices in fisheries policy making, regulation, and enforcement,
(4) Improve the use of science and research for policy and management decisions, and
(5) Strengthen constituencies to promote sustainable fisheries management.
Senior Technical Specialists Description/Summary:
Tetra Tech seeks qualified Ghanaian or foreign national candidates with experience in fisheries management and policy, community-based coastal and marine resource management, integrated coastal zone management, legal affairs and government relations, and public outreach and strategic communications. These Senior Technical Specialists positions are anticipated to be based in Accra, Ghana.
Tetra Tech seeks candidates with expertise in one or more of the following areas:
* Fisheries Management Specialist
* Legal Reform and Policy Development
* Gender Equality, Female Empowerment, and Social Inclusion
* Private Sector Engagement and Partnerships Development
* Social and Behavior Change
* Public Outreach and Community Engagement
* Financial and Grants Management
* Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning
* Budget and Accounting
Qualified applicants from Ghana are highly encouraged to apply.
* University degree or higher in fisheries management, marine biology, or other coastal/marine resource management, law and policy, social science, business administration and management, communications, accounting and financial management, or other relevant field (Master’s degree preferred);
* Minimum of seven (7) years of relevant professional experience;
* Demonstrated relative experience with USAID and/or other donor-funded projects of similar size and complexity;
* Excellent organizational skills and ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment;
* Professional written and spoken proficiency in English required;
* Prior experience living and working in Ghana required.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.
You might also like:
About the Organization
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting and engineering services. The Company supports government and commercial clients by providing innovative solutions focused on water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. With more than 17,000 associates worldwide, Tetra Tech’s capabilities span the entire project life cycle.