Tetra Tech International Development Services, headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, is Tetra Tech is seeking to hire qualified short-term and long-term technical specialists for the anticipated 5-year U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID)-funded project in Ghana. The goal of this project is to strengthen service delivery systems in order to elicit the adoption of behaviors that promote nutrition and resilience of poor and food-insecure households in northern Ghana.
We are looking for visionary leaders, strong managers and creative thinkers who work well with partners and who have a passion for and a commitment to finding local solutions to nutrition and resiliency challenges. Ghanaian candidates, especially women, youth and people with disabilities, are encouraged to apply.
The Senior Technical Specialists for this program will manage project efforts in one of the following areas:
Local Government Systems
Responsible for activities aimed at improving local government systems, including systems which support to the development of annual plans, the implementation of realistic budgets, and the use of data for planning and decision making.
Responsible for identifying and strengthening civil society organizations and private sector entities to implement solutions and complement government efforts to promote household nutrition and resilience.
Civil Society Engagement
Responsible for improving systems to promote citizen participation and inclusion, including in the areas of idea generation, decision making, monitoring implementation, and providing feedback.
* Masters degree in a relevant area (public policy, public administration, political science, law, government, nutrition, for example) preferred. A Bachelors degree with significant additional relevant experience will be considered in lieu of a Masters degree;
* A minimum of 8 years of experience in one of the areas listed above, preferably in progressively responsible roles on a donor-funded project in Ghana;
* Understanding of Northern Ghana and the challenges in addressing poor nutrition and weak resilience in that region preferred;
* Experience managing complex assignments and supervising personnel
* Demonstrated ability to engage in multi-stakeholder dialogue, including sustaining partnerships and strong working relationships with donors, host country government counterparts, academic institutions, and civil society;
* Professional level English, both written and spoken, required.
** Please note: Only Ghanaian citizens are eligible for these positions
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.