Senior Software Engineer
The goal of the Senior Software Engineer is to support Makedu to produce and implement functional software solutions for the company. The successful candidate will work with the Director of Software Engineering and clients to define software requirements and take the lead on operational and technical projects.
Makedu is an IT firm that truly understands sustainable development. We create impactful software solutions that help achieve the sustainable development goals.
Makedu has a successful track record with international development partners such as UNICEF, UNDP, IOM, The World Bank and other bilateral organizations.
1. Help the company understand the sustainable development space in order to develop unique solutions.
2. Undertake policy research and develop draft policy recommendations on sustainable development issues.
3. Support the organisation in developing digital SDG solutions.
4. Identify unique Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) challenges that can be addressed using digital solutions.
5. Conceptualizing and coordinating an overall strategy for Makeud’s work on sustainable development.
6. Build and manage relationships with stakeholders and program partners.
7. Prepare speeches, briefing notes, presentations, statements and other inputs for presentations by senior staff on sustainable development issues.
8. Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals by soliciting inputs from others.
9. Perform other duties as required.
1. BSc in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related degree.
2. A Masters Degree will be an added advantage.
3. Must have a valid travelling passport.
4. Experience in managing a team of at least 5 Software Engineers.
5. 5+ years of experience as a Software Engineer.
6. 4+ years of professional experience in professional web development.
1. Experience with Scrum.
2. Knowledge of Python and PHP, and the Django and Laravel Framework
3. In-depth knowledge of relational databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL) and NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB).
4. Familiarity with various operating systems (Linux, Mac OS, Windows).
5. Experience taking a project from scoping requirements, development through to the actual launch of the project.
6. Experience using system monitoring tools (e.g. New Relic) and automated testing frameworks.
7. Ability to provide in-depth evaluation and analysis of unique complex technological issues.
8. Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
9. Excellent organization and time management skills.
10. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
11. Demonstrated ability to lead others.
12. Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment in the performance of duties.
13. Detail-oriented Knowledge of the 17 Sustainable Development Goal.
14. Must be able to work both in a group and as an individual.
15. Must be empathetic.
16. Ability to maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
17. Ability and willingness to learn new skills to improve on self and the organization.
18. Good time management skills.
19. Firm knowledge
20. Project management skills
21. Relationship building and conflict resolution skills.
22. Must be emotionally intelligent
23. Must be able to coach, mentor, delegate and motivate.
24. Must be able to manage performance
25. Self-directed and self-motivated
26. Multitasking results-oriented
Mode of Application
Application is strictly via Makedu Consult website. Visit our careers page to apply now: https://makeduconsult.com
Deadline for application: Monday, December 16, 2019, at 3:00 PM GMT.