Website Earthworm Foundation
Earthworm Foundation is an international fast growing and dynamic non-profit organization (NGO), which helps companies transform their supply chains across the world for the benefit of people and nature.
Earthworm Foundation is seeking a motivated Senior Manager West Africa, based in Takoradi, Ghana.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter with drive and motivation, have professional experience working with businesses and civil society, and be passionate about environmental and social issues throughout supply chain. The position is full time based in Ghana and requires frequent international travels.
About Earthworm Foundation
Earthworm Foundation currently has presence in 19 countries including Indonesia, Malaysia, China, Ecuador, Peru, Brazil, India, and several locations within Africa, Europe and the Americas.
We employ more than 200 people worldwide and work with big and small companies, communities and producers of raw materials to create compelling cases of transformation.
With an innovative and entrepreneurial spirit, we work on the ground with people to create inspiring transformation stories. We focus on creating value, engage without judging and carry hope and a positive vision of the future.
What Makes Us Unique
Beyond providing advice on policy set up based on our strong technical expertise, we see the world through interactions and relationships. Operating between two worlds (NGO-Companies/Buyer-Supplier), we encourage our partners to look inside, and are not only their environmental conscience. In addition to traceability and assessments, we create and innovate solutions to the challenges companies and communities face.
What We Offer
- A unique work experience in a dynamic non-profit directly impacting the conservation of the environment and improvements in human rights and social equity through supply chains.
- A dynamic environment with the chance to work in a multicultural team.
- The opportunity to lead complex projects, build customer relationships and develop new business, with exposure to different tasks.
This position serves as Senior Manager to support activities as required in African countries where Earthworm is present. Essential responsibilities and functions include:
- In collaboration with Africa Senior Earthworm Staff, support the operations and business development in the African regions;
- Participate in promoting Earthworm Initiatives (Rurality, Kumacaya, Starling, …) and vision with a wide audience including NGOs, governments, companies and the donor community;
- Provide daily direction for Earthworm’s development in African Regions and collaborate with Earthworm staff, members and civil society partners in Africa and around the world;
- Take charge of report writing, collating meeting documentation, developing communications materials and forward-planning as the business grows;
- Develop and implement strategic work plans for an expanding programme;
- Manage and oversee delivery of project outcomes, reporting and communications;
- Research and evaluate product supply chains against responsible sourcing guidelines and international standards;
- Monitor and update supplier information for Earthworm members/clients regarding key commitments made towards responsible sourcing procedures, work plans or agreements, etc;
- Undertake business development and communication actions in Nigeria, Ghana, Liberia, Sierra Leone, Senegal, etc. to make Earthworm’s work known in these countries and in Africa region in general;
- Ensure that in every work Earthworm is involved in, our impacts are visible and measurable;
- Plan, coordinate and oversee activities and service provision to identified projects, ensuring all delivery targets are satisfactorily met. This includes : work planning, field work supervision, budget management, members communication, building new relationships with other organizations/stakeholders;
- Carry out field work, specifically Scoping visits in compliance with the guidelines. Provide any feedback to feed these guidelines to be adapted to the local context;
- Provide advice, ideas, and innovations; and participate actively internally and externally for helping spread and develop programme: from the vision to the day-to-day work;
- Undertake regular communications with Senior Managers and other Senior Earthworm staff with a view to providing clear updates on progress, challenges and issues for which additional support may be required. In the meantime, share experiences with other Staff, project managers and senior managers.
REQUIREMENTS – CANDIDATE PROFILE MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Master’s degree or other equivalent higher level training in forestry, natural resource management, environmental or social sciences or business;
- Minimum of 5 years relevant business or non-profit experience, with increasing responsibilities in programme and people management;
- Field experience, particularly in Africa;
- Relevant business experience or non-profit, with increasing responsibilities in programme and people management;
- Strategic thinking & planning (particularly in management related to forests, environmental and social issues);
- Demonstrated ability to understand technical issues around the environmental, social and legality risks within Earthworm product groups;
- Ability to break down complex problems, through practical wisdom, develop and implement action plans that close out GAPs that address the challenges within acceptable timeframes;
- Demonstrated ability to work with businesses on management, supply chain and certification issues;
- Ability to work independently and in a small team;
- Ability to prioritize and organize own work schedule;
- Well-developed management and leadership capabilities;
- Advanced personal computer, email, Microsoft Office Programme suite, Internet skills, and Understanding GIS tools.
- English native speaker
- French proficiency
- Passion for working on issues related to sustainability and supply chains.
- Hands-on, practical, innovative.
- Flexibility, mature, takes initiative/proactive and positive attitude.
- Ability to work within a multidisciplinary and multicultural team.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work autonomously.
- Committed to Earthworm Foundation values:
- Focus on action and on-the-ground results;
- Entrepreneurial spirit;
- Open collaboration and communication;
- Respect for each other.
Working conditions / Physical effort:
- Based in Ghana (Takoradi)
- Our global operations span many time zones, which means staff are often required to work outside office hours. This position will require regular meetings with leaders of large, multi-national corporations, as well as extensive international travel, so the candidate should be able to thrive in both corporate settings and a wide variety of cultural environments.
- Full-time position
- Immediate start;
- Valid work authorization required ;
- Priority given to candidates from the African content;
- Position reporting to: Earthworm Head of West Africa
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and CV via email to firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com. Please put your “Family name” and “Senior Manager Ivory Coast” in the subject line of the email. Successful candidates will be contacted by email for an initial interview. The position will be open till mid-July 2019. Only candidates who send a full application will be considered. Only selected candidates will be contacted.