Sabre Education is one of the leading early childhood education organisations working in close partnership with the Government of Ghana to deliver Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) 4.2 on universal access to quality pre-primary education.
Through sixteen years of working with schools, communities and the Ghana Education Service, Sabre has developed innovative solutions to tackle the twin issues of access and quality in kindergarten education.
Sabre’s approach is holistic and considers all aspects of the kindergarten education eco-system, covering child-centred and play-based pedagogy, training in positive behaviour management, improved learning environments, individualised assessment, coaching and mentoring for teachers, supportive supervision, and parental engagement.
Sabre’s multi award-winning Brighter Futures Programme, delivered through Building Playful Schools and providing Transformational Teacher Training (TTT), has been tested, independently evaluated and replicated at a district and regional scale.
Sabre has exciting and ambitious expansion plans, which will see the organisation scale the impact of our direct implementation activity, whilst leveraging our technical expertise in partnership with others to create system-level change in Ghana and beyond.
- LOCATION: Accra
- REPORTING TO: Accountant
- DIRECT REPORTS: Nil
This is a moment of exciting growth and opportunity at Sabre. The new Senior Finance Officer will be responsible for the production of financial information relevant to support program delivery directly and indirectly by preparing donor reports, management accounts, project budgets for Sabre Ghana. The role holder will work with the Accountant in the budget preparation process and consolidation of both Ghana and the UK accounts and ensure internal control checks are upheld across all our projects.
The Senior Finance Officer will offer support to the Finance Team along the following areas of responsibility:
- Responsible for entering financial information and maintaining of financial records for the various projects and the Organisation
- Prepare the Sabre Education Ghana payroll and ensure that staff are paid on the approved payroll dates and that all statutory obligations are met on schedule.
- Support with the timely preparation of various financial reports
- Oversee the petty cash accounts, ensuring that all transactions are appropriately receipted and recorded, with minimal financial exposure in the movement of cash.
- Manage and maintain the accounting system and processing of day to day financial information
- Prepare weekly & monthly Bank Reconciliations
- Ensure an effective management of advances to staff including timely retirements and reconciliations
- Assist with the preparation of annual budgets and financial reporting.
- Process month end accounts reports
- Any other duties that may be commensurate to the role that may be assigned by Supervisor
PREFERRED QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of a First Degree in Finance/Accounting from a recognized tertiary institution
- Partly qualified Accountant (ICAG or ACCA)
- 5 – 6 years’ relevant work experience in Finance preferably with an international NGO or development organisation will be an added advantage
KEY BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES
- Reliable, honest and trustworthy
- Self-motivated and dynamic, with excellent organizational skills and a keen attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team environment with both project and non-project staff
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
KEY TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES
- Strong intellectual ability and financial experience
- Excellent IT skills, with specific proficiency in Microsoft office suite (excel preferably) and experience in the use of an accounting software
- Excellent understanding of basic finance concepts and practices
- Highly numerate and analytical
Please submit a cover letter and your CV with the subject ‘SENIOR FINANCE OFFICER’ to email@example.com
- CLOSING DATE: 16th November 2020
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Sabre is an equal opportunity employer.