Senior Finance Officer Job Summary
The Senior Finance Officer at FHI 360 will Support finance-related administrative management in the Ghana
office and perform diversified accounts payable functions following varied standardized procedures and accounting
practices. Provide accounting and financial support for ACT to END | West, EpiC/KPIF Ghana Project and other
projects in the Shared Services pool of FHI 360/Ghana office.
Senior Finance Officer Responsibilities
MANAGE fixed asset register for projects subject to FHI 360 & Donor policy with reference to Ghana Office
Management Manual (GOMM)
REVIEW Payroll for Accuracy and ensure salaries are paid with reference to Ghana Office Management Manual (GOMM) timelines
Ensure TIMELY payment of all payroll and other statutory deductions as per the laws of Ghana
TRACK and MONITOR Bank balances to ensure there is adequate cash available to implement activities
MANAGE advance and related reconciliations for GHANA office small projects, shared services and HQ managed projects with timely submission of reports in compliance with Ghana Office Management Manual (GOMM)
LOAD Monthly SMAC allocations into GFAS and ensure minimal errors
PROCESS ex-pat and TCN payments ensuring confidentiality and completing monthly Expat workbooks for each employee
ACT as finance POC for EpiC project and manage subgrant finances
PREPARE VAT returns and submissions to donors for ACT to END | West, EpiC/KPIF and Shared Services
CONSOLIDATE quarterly accruals for ACT to END | West, EpiC/KPIF and Shared Services
PREPARE day to day financial transactions to include monthly cash advance requests from headquarters, payment
requests, procurement dossiers and many more
Advising Staff on new FHI360s and USAIDs policies and procedures where applicable
Perform Any Other finance and administrative duties as assigned
Senior Finance Officer Contributions
1. Support and Maintain system (GFAS) for providing documentation for accounting transactions, enter all
transactions and resolve any discrepancies or clarification for accounting records.
2. Assure completeness of supporting documentation and accuracy of entries for financial reporting on standardized forms.
3. Review and analyze pending expenditures for appropriate action.
4. Ensure and maintain the smooth and timely flow of all expenditures related to reports and audit documentation.
5. Monitors invoice information put into accounts payable system for accuracy with minimal errors.
Senior Finance Officer Qualifications:
1. Degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Commerce or related field.
2. At least 8 years experience of working in an organization of similar or related nature, size, and complexity.
3. Minimum of 2 years of experience with a USAID-Funded project is preferred.
4. Demonstrated knowledge, skills, and/or experiences in accounting, administration and procurement.
5. Excellent planning, management, and organizational skills. Skilled in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
6. Strong analytical and organizational skills.
7. Strong MS Office skills, including Excel.
8. Strong written and oral presentation skills in English.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be
assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of
employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that
discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, colour, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected
Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional
development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make
a positive difference for others and yourself.