- Understands the specific specifications and requirements of the assigned project (may include Construction, Commissioning and Offshore assignment) and Industry Standard, Classification Society and Regulatory requirements.
- Develops engineering specifications (drawings, data sheets, etc.) specific to the assigned project and validates them with the Lead Engineer before incorporating them in the RFQs.
- Independently evaluates all the bids received for I&C packages from various suppliers, performs a technical bid evaluation process, involves in cost estimation, ensures selected vendors meet technical/engineering and delivery requirements as stipulated in the project specifications and gives assessment to the Buyer who will follow up in the tender evaluation, price negotiation and award process.
- Conducts kick-off meetings with selected vendors to clarify issues and freeze the scope of the project, prepares and ensures the timely provision of accurate documents and specifications to the successful vendors to enable the latter to execute their work and deliverables.
- Independently evaluates the I&C requirement for mechanical packages in Marine & Topside, contributes to technical bid evaluation process, ensures selected vendors meet technical/engineering and delivery requirements as stipulated in the project specifications.
- Independently develops solutions to technical/engineering and related problems by analyzing the issues/data, interpreting the analysis and evaluating various options/measures using experience, precedents and professional references.
- Visits suppliers, checks and tests I&C items to ensure that they function as per specifications. Where necessary, works with the suppliers/contractors concerned to rectify the technical issues & making sure that they comply with the specifications and are ready on time.
- Participates in meetings, reviews progress and addresses interface/implementation/execution issues, escalates where necessary to ensure that the project proceeds timely and smoothly.
- Provides technical/engineering support and advice to Construction/Commissioning work at site, trouble shoots and follows up to rectify the gaps or problems. Where necessary, provides off-site support and advice.
- Responsible for capturing lessons learned in his/her functional area, entering in MIMS, closing out project related MIMS actions.
- Guides junior/other Engineers.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering with minimum seven years’ experience in onshore/offshore Oil & Gas area or FPSO line(s) or Master degree plus five years relevant experience.
- minimum seven years’ of accumulative experience in I&C engineering in oil and gas sector. Comprehensive knowledge in functionality of FPSO.
- Working knowledge of specific technologies, procedures and applications.
- Demonstrates some capability for conceptualizing designs.
- Some understanding of internal economic factors affecting projects to which assigned.
- Familiar in use of CAD and Database systems related to Engineering functions.
- Ability to perform design calculations and analysis.
To apply for this job please visit modec.sabacloud.com.