The Scientific Administrative Officer (SAO) shall report to the Scientific Coordinator.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in day-to-day running of the National Secretariat of the Association
- Assist the Scientific Coordinator in planning implementation, monitoring, controlling and evaluation of all activities of the Association
- Responsible for Human Resource Management functions at the secretariat
- Drafting, composing and generating all correspondences, letters, memoranda, reports, contract documents and others between the Association and its members and other agencies and organizations both local and international.
- Assist in preparing and submission of periodic reports including annual reports to National Officers and National Executive Committee.
- Supervise the management of computerized database of all members of the Association
- Assist the SC in the organization of conferences, workshops, seminars, lectures and meetings of the Association and serve as secretary for Planning Committees.
- Managing and provision of administrative support for all meetings of the Association.
- Managing appointments of National Officers and NEC members and their travel and accommodation arrangements.
- Assist the SC in implementation of decisions made at National Executive Committee (NEC) as well as National Officers (NO) meetings
- Assist in evaluation and classification of Scientific manuscripts submitted for publication in the Journal of the Ghana Science Association (JGSA)
- Assist in collation, editing and publication of proceedings of Conferences/Workshops/ Seminars etc.
- Support the SC in fund raising activities for the Association’s activities.
- Play public relations role for the Association, monitoring and following up on matters that require answers, responses and written replies
- Supervise other administrative staff of the secretariat in the performance of their duties
- Management and maintenance of personnel records
- Management, control and maintenance of office equipment, supplies and services
- Perform any other duty that may be assigned by the SC.
- At least BSc (Hons) Degree in Basic or Applied Science with Administration / Management experience, 3-years experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels including staff, senior management, members of the NEC, NO, and outside organizations.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to function under demanding situations and deadlines, while demonstrating solid judgment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work cooperatively with others.
- Strong time management and organizational skills, as well as attention to details and ability to manage complex logistics.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft suite of products, including PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
- Experience in scientific publishing or meetings management preferred.
- Governance knowledge and previous governance work with membership organizations preferred.
An application letter together with a detailed CV should be addressed as below and emailed to email@example.com by close of work on Tuesday, 10th November 2020.
The Honorary National President
Ghana Science Association
Ghana Airways Avenue,
P. O. Box LG7, Legon-Accra