Sales Capability Manager
PEG delivers Pay-As-You-Go (PAYG) asset-based financing to consumers who lack both access to reliable electricity and formal banking services. PEGs anchor product – a basic solar home system that includes six lights, a phone charger, a radio, and a TV – allows consumers living on $5-10 per day to access clean light for working and studying after hours, avoid harmful air pollution from kerosene based lighting solutions, and also build credit for additional products and services over time.
To date, PEG has raised over $50 million and has over 450 full time staff across Ghana, Ivory Coast and Senegal. PEG has also won numerous awards, including the prestigious 2017 Ashden International Award for excellence in sustainable energy, and was named as one of the fastest growing companies in Africa by the London Stock Exchange.
The Sales Capability Manager is responsible for enabling the PEG Ghana Sales organisation to acquire/improve the core Sales skills required for each role to drive performance whilst also building a Sales talent bench for the future.
- Lead the creation of a Sales capability development plan for the PEG Ghana sales organisation based on identified training needs and priorities
- Through a team of Field Capability Officers and self, ensure the execution of both on-the-job and selected classroom training interventions as defined in the Sales capability development plan
- Establish in-role performance metrics for all Sales positions (including DSRs/Resident Promoters) and continuously evaluate individuals against these criteria
- Build a coaching capability amongst Regional Business Managers and Direct Sales Managers ensuring that they are deploying these skills with their teams
- Working with HR, create a comprehensive on-boarding programme for all new Sales hires to equip them to hit the ground running once the induction is completed
- Drive the transfer of Sales best practice across regions and Sales teams
- Working with HR and the Commercial Director, identify Sales HiPos and ensure these individuals are developed to take on bigger roles as these become available
The successful candidate must have/be:
- A minimum of 5 years in a training/coaching role in a FMCG Sales environment
- FMCG Sales management experience with at least 3 years managing an Area or Regional sales team
- An understanding of how to develop and nurture an effective Sales organisation
- A real passion for coaching and developing people and the ability to motivate and inspire people to strive for demonstrable performance improvement
- The ability to get things done through a team and to lead by example
- The potential to move into a Commercial Director role within 3-5 years
- Bachelors Degree (or its equivalent)
- Masters degree desirable
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in Microsoft office
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Open to travel as and when required – up to 50% of the job time will be away from base
To apply for this job please visit www.glassdoor.com.