RTI Call for Experts
RTI Call for Experts for multiple roles in East and West Africa for the anticipated USAID-funded Africa Trade and Investment Program (ATIP).
Candidates will act as ATIP’s senior representatives for the respective regions and lead the ATIP regional offices. ATIP seeks to mobilize enterprise-driven solutions to unlock Africa’s growing markets, expand U.S-Africa trade and investment relationships, and achieve development outcomes in line with USAID’s Private Sector Engagement Policy and the USG Prosper Africa initiative. RTI is reviewing applications from both nationals and expatriates to fill these positions. Positions are contingent upon award and funding.
Key Skills & Qualifications:
• MBA or Master’s degree in economics, international business, or related field.
• At least 10 years of experience working in one or more of the following sectors:
o Investment promotion
o Market systems
o Enterprise development
o Other related field
• At least 5 years of experience working and living in the East Africa or West Africa region.
• Experience working with regional industries and businesses, national governments in the region, and US government agencies working in trade (e.g., United States Agency for International Development, International Trade Administration, Department of State, United States Trade and Development Agency),
• Ability to develop key relationships with public and private sector actors to identify and drive trade and investment deals across the region.
• Private sector engagement (PSE) and market analysis experience
• Experience in measuring and evaluating market-led economic growth and the impact of innovation ecosystems in promoting trade
• Demonstrated experience leading multi-disciplinary and high performing teams, preferably on USAID-funded projects.
• Fluency in English.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates are encouraged to email CVs to email@example.com with the subject line “ATIP”. Learn more about RTI at www.rti.org/practice-area/global-food-security.
You might also like:
About the Organization
RTI International is one of the world’s leading research institutes and a leading implementer of innovative, USAID-funded programming in Africa and around the world.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits program to attract the best scientific, technical, and leadership talent in the industry, and to support employee health and well-being, families, continuous learning, and career development.
RTI has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies (Ethisphere, 2019), America’s Best Mid-sized Employers (Forbes 2019), The Best Employers for Diversity (Forbes 2019) and The Best Employers for Women (Forbes 2018).