Rooms and Guest Services Operations at Marriott
Start Your Journey With Us
Serves as the property Manager on Duty and oversees all property operations during the overnight shift. Ensures that the highest levels of hospitality and service are provided during the overnight shift.
Represents property management in resolving any guest or property related situation. Personally assisting in resolving any issues and completing tasks.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Monitoring Property Operations
• Monitors and ensures compliance with all Guidelines to Operations.
• Ensures all employees are in proper uniform and are properly groomed (grooming standards in employee handbook).
• Ensures employees are working in a safe environment.
• Manages all period-end inventories.
Supporting Profitability and Revenue Goals
• Reviews financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement.
• Assists in the response and resolution of all guest issues received directly from guests or from Guest Relations.
• Assists accounts receivable clerk in all aspects of job and in keeping all invoices due below 60 days.
• Monitors that the supervisor is researching/processing all chargebacks and rebates on a timely basis.
• Administers plans and actions to keep chargebacks and rebates to a minimum.
• Ensures all employees are adhering to proper cash handling procedures and monitors overage/shortages.
• Manages employee hours.
• Works with the leadership team of the property to identify and implement action plans to prevent the reoccurrence of guest issues.
Supporting Human Resources Activities
• Promotes participation in property safety-related programs.
• Monitors employee attendance and records absences/tardiness.
• Promotes teamwork and employee morale.
• Keeps employees informed regarding new operational procedures, standards, or programs.
• Assists supervisors in handling employee performance issues (e.g., performance reviews, counselling, and recommendations).
• Ensures all employees have complete knowledge of emergency procedures.
• Encourages employee relations through gifts, parties, outings.
• Creates incentives that will promote better service and profit for the property.
• Assists operations manager in processing employee payroll weekly.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.marriott.com.