Regional Consulting Engineer
Newmont Mining Corporation seeks currently seeks the services of a Regional Consulting Engineer in Accra, Ghana.
Can you demonstrate the ability to work with the values of integrity, confidentiality, trust, reliability and professionalism?
Reporting to the Regional Technical Services Director, the Regional Consulting Engineer – Open Pit will coordinate the Reserves reporting process for the open pit mines in the region, while ensuring sites and projects are internally aligned with Newmont procedures in a timely and efficient manner.
Regional Consulting Engineer Main Responsibility Areas:
- Information Management and Management Reporting
- Strategy / Planning Process
- Financial Management
- Relationship Management
- Provide detailed analysis and reporting that is aligned with Newmont’s internal Reserves guidelines.
- Responsible for ensuring quality and accurate open pit designs, coordinating reviews including site operations and engineering teams, geotechnical, hydrology and site management.
- Adopt feedback from reviews into design work for continuous improvement.
- Participate in the strategy planning process for the region focusing on open pit (OP) projects and sites.
- Support with the development of new tools as required.
- Provide project financials that follow Newmont standards.
- Cooperate with project directors to guarantee accurate and error free financial analysis and cash flows.
- Mentor and coach open pit engineers across the region to improve mine planning processes.
- Incorporate site guidance into strategic plans, challenge assumptions and Key Performance Indicators where needed to ensure quality plans.
- Provide OP planning scenarios that align with the goals of the process, and collaboratively work with project and site teams to complete this work.
- An Advanced Degree in Mine Engineering, and a post graduate Degree in Business is preferred.
- Between 7 to 10 years’ of experience in open pit mine planning, optimisation, and operations exposure to strategic planning is preferred, in large and diversified mine sites or operations.
- Advanced communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Leadership and Management skills.
- Relationship Management skills.
- Advanced planning, organising and prioritising skills.
- Regular travel is required.
- Extended and unpredictable hours might be the norm.
- The incumbent is exposed to an environment where the need for detailed or precise work is extreme.
Our business success comes from the accomplishments and well-being of our employees and contractors. Our goal is to build a workplace culture that fosters leaders and allows every person to thrive, contribute, and grow.
We are committed to selecting and developing our employees, and to establishing a work environment where everyone can take an active part in reaching our strategic goals while feeling a sense of pride in working at Newmont.
Newmont seeks to recruit, hire, place and promote qualified applicants, meaning applicants who meet the minimum requirements of the position, without regard to personal characteristics such as gender, race, nationality, ethnic, social and indigenous origin, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
NOTE: Newmont does not ask for or require job applicants to pay money to apply or be considered for employment with the Company.
In addition, Newmont does not ask potential job candidates to provide sensitive personal data without first submitting a job application through our secure, online portal, and only as requested for legitimate business purposes.
If you are asked to provide money or sensitive personal data through any other means, do not respond and please report this immediately to email@example.com.
Please login to your account to bookmark this entry.
Apply For job
To apply for this job please visit jobs.newmont.com.