The Project Manager will be responsible for the coordination of operational management with the European Union (EU) funded project on Resilience Against Climate Change (REACH) in North Western Ghana.
This component is attached to a regional value chain Programme Competitive Cashew Initiative. REACH is comprised of the 3 components:
1) Assistance to District Planning teams to integrate Climate Smart elements into the planning process;
2) implement Community based adaption measures on Climate Smart Agriculture;
3) Research on social transformation. Component 1 and 2 are implemented by ComCashew/REACH under GIZ.
- Responsible for the output delivery and process adherence (quality and deadlines) of the Project’s activities
- Coordinating and ensuring Regional and District communication with GIZ, Ministries of Agriculture and Local Governement, International Water Management Institute and other project partners
- Ensure collaboration and cross-fertilisation with the wider regional Programme and other relevant actors
- Personnel management for technical project staff
- Ensure and supervise monitoring and evaluation
- Planning and reporting
- Contribution to project expansion and further acquisition
- PhD or master degree (or equivalent) in agriculture economics, or other relevant disciplines
- Excellent managerial, analytical and report writing skills
- Excellent social and communication skills
- Experienced in rural areas, preferably in Africa
- Mastery language skills in English (C); The willingness to learn German; Vantage language skills in French (B2)
Please use the following link for information about living and working in Ghana.
In general, the security situation is calm. GIZ staff must adhere to security measures at all times. Please also check the county-specific information provided by the German Federal Foreign Office. GIZ does not impose any restrictions on life partners and family members to move with you to the country of deployment. We kindly ask you to inform yourself which forms of relationships are legally and socially accepted in the country of deployment.
There are no international schools available in the district.
GIZ operates worldwide. As part of the GIZ team, you are prepared to take on international assignments and pass on your expertise.
This job is suited to a full or a part-time position.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
You can get an overview of our benefits packages here.
A prerequisite for the conclusion of the agreement is the lifting of the restrictions currently in force in the company on the possibilities for travel and business trips in order to contain the worldwide spread of the Covid-19 virus.
Please login to your account to bookmark this entry.
Apply For job
To apply for this job please visit jobs.giz.de.