1. SOLICITATION NO: 72062421R100004
2. ISSUANCE DATE: February 3, 2021
3. CLOSING DATE/TIME FOR RECEIPT OF OFFERS: February 23, 2021, 11:59 p.m. Accra time
4. POINT OF CONTACT: email@example.com
5. POSITION TITLE: Project Management Specialist- (Agriculture – Feed the Future)
6. MARKET VALUE: GHS 160,210.00 GHS 240,323.00 equivalent to FSN-12 In accordance with AIDAR Appendix J and the Local Compensation Plan of USAID/Ghana. Final compensation will be negotiated within the market value.
7. PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE: The period of performance is five (5) years, estimated to start about May 2021. The services provided under this contract are expected to be of continuing nature executed by USAID through a series of sequential contracts, subject to availability of funds, satisfactory job performance and need for continued services.
8. PLACE OF PERFORMANCE: Accra, Ghana with possible travel as stated in the Statement of Work.
9. ELIGIBLE OFFERORS: All interested candidates eligible to work in Ghana. Cooperating Country National (CCN) is defined as an individual who is a cooperating country citizen, or a non-cooperating country citizen lawfully admitted for permanent residence in the cooperating country.
10. SECURITY LEVEL REQUIRED: Regional Security Office Clearance.
11. STATEMENT OF DUTIES
General Statement of Purpose of the Contract
This position will be a member of the Regional Economic Growth Office (REGO), and she/he will manage regional Feed the Future (FTF) and other related programs and relationships that support the Missions objectives to reduce poverty and advance food security, resilience and trade in West Africa. REGO works in partnership with a multitude of African institutions and private sector partners to achieve development goals and promote U.S. foreign policy objectives. To engage on and appropriately manage REGO programs and responsibilities, the incumbent will develop and maintain relationships with senior regional officials, private sector actors, donor and implementing partners, USAID and USG interagency colleagues in Washington and in bilateral Operating Units in the West Africa sub-region.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION
In order to be considered for the position, a candidate must meet the Minimum Qualifications. Applications will be pre-screened and only those that meet the Minimum Qualifications will be considered. These are the minimum qualifications necessary to be considered for the position:
a. Education: Minimum of bachelors degree in agricultural economics, agronomy, trade or investment, international development, food security is required.
b. Prior Work Experience: Minimum of seven years combined of professional-level experience directly involved in agricultural market systems development; food, animal and plant safety; agribusiness; trade and economic development. Prior experience in project design, management, and implementation, is required.
c. Language Proficiency: Fluent knowledge of English and French is required. The incumbent must have excellent oral and written language and communication skills in English and French. Language proficiency may be tested.
To apply for this job please visit www.usaid.gov.