Project Management Leadership Program
Through our Project Management Leadership Program at GE Power, we are nurturing the next generation of EPC project managers & project functional management leaders for complex gas power turnkey projects.
This leadership program is designed to accelerate the development of talents from the field of project execution. It involves three highly challenging rotational assignments, intense training curricula in the areas of technical & leadership skills, mentoring and continuous on the job learning.
- This is a two-year program spanning three eight-month long rotational assignments out of which at least one will be on a project (construction) site
- Other rotations may take place in another project discipline like scheduling, contract management, plant engineering, project finance – based on the personal growth journey of the candidate
- During the program PMLPs will develop a solid understanding of how project execution works in the gas power sector
- They will work with our best in class project managers and project staff to acquire the necessary technical and leadership competencies to be able fulfill both customer and business objectives
- Upon successful completion of the 2-year program, participants will land in a role in one of the core project management disciplines (project management, contract management, construction, planning, fulfillment, service), based on their competencies, personal aspirations and current business demand
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline from an accredited university or equivalent knowledge or experience
- Minimum of 4 and a maximum of 8 years relevant work experience with solid performance
- Experience in project management, construction or field (service) engineering preferably in the energy or oil & gas sector
- Fluent in English
- Strong desire to work in the fieldThe successful candidate
- Is resilient and has the ability to deal with pressure
- Has a persuasive communication style and brings energy and a goal orientated approach to their role
- Is able to handle conflict and defuse tension
- Is able to drive outcomes across multi-functional teams often times in a virtual arrangement
- Has the courage to speak up and addresses issues transparently
- Is able to comprehend complex information from various stakeholders
- Has an eye for the details
- Is open to feedback, self-reflection and invests in their own growth
- Can work across different cultures with inclusion and respect
- ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to complete multi-location rotations, and travel both domestically and / or internationally for up to 8 months per rotation
- Ability to do field site rotation
- Ability to make 2-year commitment to GE after successful graduation
- In Nigeria: a valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required (please indicate clearly on your resume)
- In Nigeria: must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in Nigeria
- In countries other than Nigeria: must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in the role’s location
- Proven leadership skills and prior experience leading projects or teams
- Experience in project scheduling
- Experience in working with contracts in an EPC environment
- (Project) finance experience
- Experience in working internationally
- Fluency in French or Portuguese
GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world’s largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!
Become a fan of our Facebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of the GE Talent Community. Stay up to date on what’s happening at GE around the globe by checking out the GE Careers Blog.
Angola, Cote d’Ivoire, Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, South Africa, Tanzania, United Republic of;Accra, Luanda, Abidjan, Lagos, Johannesburg, Dar es Salaam;
Jobs in Ghana you might like:
Business Development Manager – Africa at Innovatrics
Asst. Manager – Mobile Hand Set Sales (GSM) at LG
PSO Assistant Subject Matter Expert at SAIC
Country Representative, Ghana at Catholic Relief Services CRS
Programme Administrative Finance Assistant at Westminster Foundation for Democracy (WFD)
To apply for this job please visit jobs.gecareers.com.