IOM has been active in Togo since 2012 and has been supporting the Government of Togo
through interventions across the migration sector, notably through, return and reintegration of
returning migrants, capacity building in counter human smuggling and human trafficking,
diaspora engagement and community stabilization/PVE.
The IOM Togo and IOM Benin missions are headed by the IOM Chief of Mission in Ghana and
benefit from administrative, financial and programmatic support by IOM Ghana.
Under the direct supervision of the IOM Chief of Mission for Accra, Benin and Togo, the
successful candidate will coordinate and supervise the operations and activities of the office,
including timely project implementation and monitoring, in line with IOMs policies and Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. In close coordination with IOM Ghana, provide technical and administrative support for the
management and monitoring of the operations of the office in Togo to ensure timely
implementation and monitoring of all relevant project activities and maintain effective and
efficient office procedures, including monitoring procurement, financial and administrative
2. Coordinate all staff assigned to the missions projects as well as consultants, implementing
partners and service providers recruited to support and/or undertake specific activities.
3. Maintain close collaboration and contribute to strengthening partnerships with relevant
stakeholders such as Government entities, national authorities, donors, development partners,
United Nations agencies, and civil society.
4. Draft and produce progress and other reports and ensure proper information exchange on all
operational aspects of the projects between IOM, the programmes donors and other
5. Analyze migration related trends and issues in view of strategic, programmatic and
project-specific funding opportunities.
6. Research new project possibilities in Togo and draft proposals, in relation to expressed
governmental needs, donors priorities and in line with IOMs mandate and strategy.
7. Facilitate adequate information management on missions activities through regular updates,
summaries, press releases and other relevant materials that promote IOMs visibility in Togo.
8. Participate in relevant conferences, workshops, steering committees and technical working
groups, as well as other forums, to facilitate proper coordination and presentation of IOM
9. Participate in relevant UN working groups and activities to encourage the mainstreaming of
migration related issues into United Nations Development Assistance Frameworks (UNDAF).
10. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
To apply for this job please visit recruit.iom.int.