The African Forum for Research and Education in Health (AFREhealth) is an interdisciplinary health professions organization that works with educational institutions, Ministries of Health, and other stakeholders to improve the quality of health care in Africa through research, education and capacity building with a focus on health workforce development and interprofessional collaboration. It is formed by individuals, universities, institutions, and networks from all the geographic and linguistic regions of Africa namely Anglophone, Francophone, Lusophone and Arabophone.
To be a responsive and leading African forum in the pursuit of excellence in health research, education and service provision.
To provide African leadership for responsive health professions education, training, research and service delivery through: (a) Partnership/Collaboration, (b) Networking, (c) Advocacy, (d)Resource mobilization, (e) Strategic communication, (f) Sharing best practices, (g) Capacity building, and (h) Transformation of responsive health professions education, research and healthcare deliver
AFREhealth is driven by the following keys values: a) Professionalism; b) Accountability; c) Mutual respect; d) Team spirt; e) Gender sensitivity; f) Excellence; g) Equity; h) Inclusiveness
- Duty Post: Kumasi
- Position Reports to: Senior Programme Manager
- Position/s Supervised: None
- Employment type: Contract up to September 2021; renewable subject to availability of funds
- Assist with the planning of programme/projects activities
- Assist in coordination and implementation of program activities towards the achievement of programme goals and objectives.
- Assist with synthesizing and writing of reports of the organization, grants, subawards, and projects.
- Assist in the development and dissemination of materials related to AFREhealth projects and their respective results.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Assist in the development, monitoring and evaluation of institutional strategic work plans.
- Assist in developing relevant tools and strategies as required to effectively monitor and evaluate identified indicators at the organization and project levels.
- Participate in establishing M&E systems and Key Performance Indicators at the project level, in consultation with project teams, to monitor project activities, outputs and outcomes.
- Assist in data collection, processing, and analysis on key performance indicators and the preparation of reports.
- Assist with grants and funding opportunities tracking
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as Statistics, Social Sciences,
- Demography, Public Health, Development Studies.
- 3-5 years’ experience in project management, design, and implementation in the health sector.
- 3-5 years’ experience in the development and implementation of M&E systems in the health sector.
- Skills in analysis and reporting / presentation of data for programmes decision-making.
- Good organizational skills, detail-oriented and high degree of accuracy.
- Good interpersonal skills including strong verbal and written communication skills.
- High proficiency in the use of Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and spreadsheets. Proficiency in STATA or a similar data analysis package is an advantage.
- Ability to work in a proactive manner with little supervision.
- Ability to work well in a team.
Qualified persons are required to send their Curriculum Vitae (CV) and application letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Deadline for the submission of applications: 30 January, 2021.
- Please note that given the likely high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NOTE: All staff members of AFREhealth, regardless of the level of their responsibilities are expected to:
- Model the vision and mission stated above
- participate in the business development processes
- contribute to the knowledge sharing and transfer process
- make responsible decisions that result in time and cost containment and clear accountability
- participate in multiple teams, adopt team spirit, take responsibility for action items assigned and provide feedback as needed
- multitask, be able to manage competing priorities and be able to prioritize in order to meet program and/or organizational objectives