Program Manager, Health & Sports
The Health & Sports Program Officer will assist and support the Program Manager to develop, lead, monitor and evaluate the assigned health&sports programs.
Other important aspects of the role include assisting in developing insightful and tangible Health&Sports Program & activities.
The position holder will be responsible for financial accountability, external stakeholder engagement, and giving support to program officers working in the Health&Sports unit.
The job holder will be responsible to support the three (3) sub programs that falls under the Health&Sports program, i.e. Health Program, Water, Sanitation&Hygiene Program and Sports Program.
Health Program Responsibilities;
- Assist in managing the assigned Health&Sports program in order to meet the program goals
- Contribute to the development of an effective Program strategy including proactive planning.
- Continuously monitor and supervise health activities, evaluate progress.
- Support to develop new proposals, linked to the assessed community needs and gaps.
- Facilitate regular meetings to assist information sharing between program staff to ensure all staff members are aware of current workplans and to provide the opportunity for feedback
- Ensure all Program expenses are according to budget.
- Support the logistics activities of Health&Sport Staff
Water, Sanitation&Hygiene Program Responsibilities;
- Assist to develop a program plan and ensure its smooth implementation
- Help to Carry out assessments and post-implementation monitoring
- Develop and ensure the use of appropriate techniques and materials for hygiene promotion.
- Manage the Program budget through passing of timely orders, the preparation of monthly forecasts and the monitoring of expenditure
- Track the progress of activities, ensure the collecting of program indicators and provide on-time internal status reports
- Identify and monitor risks, constraints or escalating issues, and inform the hierarchy accordingly
- Ensure that all data and information is updated, well organized and easily accessible
- Analyse and report on evolving community needs and provide clear recommendations for interventions
Sports Program Responsibilities
- Oversee operations of all sports program
- Maintain communication with participants and all stakeholders.
- Conduct assessment and evaluation of sports program performance and implement program changes and enhancements as needed.
- Provide support in the improvement and development of existing and new innovative sports and recreation program development to better meet the needs of members in the community
- Develop effective scheduling of equipment to best serve members of all ages; establish policies, procedures and guidelines to ensure quality member experience
- Contribute to plan the annual program budget; implement the approved budget and take appropriate action to correct variances.
- Represent and promote the organization and the sports program in the community as needed and develop positive working relationships with other organizations, business and governmental entities
- Complete additional duties as assigned
Required Skills or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Project Management/Development studies/ Public Health/Sports or any other relevant field
- Minimum of 3-5years experience with a track record of executed projects
- Skilled in partnering with relevant instutions&authorities, both international and local NGO’s to enhance the mission and vision of the organization
- Ability to develop tangible and insightful programs
- Strong project management and financial analysis skills
- Ability to structure complex tasks and translate targets into work plan
- Track record of building strong stakeholder relationships