Program Development Advisor Background
The United States Agency for International Development Mission to Ghana (USAID/Ghana) requires an experienced Program Development Advisor to provide senior-level technical expertise to support USAID/Ghana through strategic and programmatic design and implementation to ensure optimal program effectiveness to achieve USAID’s foreign assistance objectives in Ghana.
With an annual budget of approximately $144million, USAID/Ghana supports Ghana’s commitment to reduce its dependency on foreign assistance by prioritizing programs that create stability; incentivize reform and innovation; strengthen in-country capacity; and mobilize domestic resources, including private capital to accelerate the nation’s transition towards middle-income status.
Ghana is a focus country for a number of U.S. Government initiatives and priorities, including the Global Food Security Strategy, the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), Power Africa, the Security Governance Initiative, and Prosper Africa. USAID serves as one of the lead development partner agencies in Ghana.
USAID/Ghana’s new five-year behavioural-led, integrated Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS) (2020-2025) supports Ghana’s efforts to become a more self-reliant nation that offers a productive life to all of its citizens through continued support to address food security and trade, quality education and health services, and citizen responsive governance in the northern regions.
Program Development Advisor Minimum Qualifications
To be considered for this position of Program Development Advisor, applicants must meet the minimum required qualifications outlined below.
For those who do, further consideration and selection will be based on panel assessment of the Evaluation Criteria, also listed below.
Education and Experience:
A Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of seven years’ experience Relevant fields include – but are not limited to – international relations, international development, public administration, development/area studies, and social studies. OR
A Master’s degree. and a minimum of five years’ experience as a project or program designer/manager in an international development or international affairs setting is required. Relevant fields include – but are not limited to – international relations, international development, public administration, development/area studies, and social studies.
The candidate must be fluent in both spoken and written English and be able to serve as both editor and drafter when called upon to produce a high-quality narrative. Native-level fluency in English (reading, writing, and speaking) is required.
OTHER JOB DETAILS
1. SOLICITATION NO.: 72064121R00007
2. ISSUANCE DATE: June 30, 2021
3. CLOSING DATE AND TIME FOR RECEIPT OF OFFERS: July 14, 2021, 17:00GMT
4. POINT OF CONTACT: USAID/West Africa, Accra; e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
5. POSITION TITLE: Program Development Advisor, USAID/Ghana
6. MARKET VALUE: $79,468- $103,309 equivalent to GS-13 Final compensation will be negotiated within the listed market value.
7. PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE: Two (2) years, estimated to start o/a 09/2021 with an option of three (3) one-year extensions for a maximum of five (5) years. Exercise of options will depend on continuing need of services, availability of funds, successful performance, and requisite approvals.
8. PLACE OF PERFORMANCE: USAID/Ghana, Accra.
9. ELIGIBLE OFFERORS: Open to U.S. Citizens (including lawful Permanent legal residents)
10. SECURITY LEVEL REQUIRED: Facility Access
11. STATEMENT OF DUTIES
To apply for this job please visit www.usaid.gov.