Website Ashesi University
Faculty of Engineering
Ashesi’s Engineering Programme is designed to educate engineers with a broad range of skills that will allow them to tap into ideas beyond any one engineering field, and enable them to be entrepreneurs who can see through challenges and find solutions within a local context.
Ashesi-educated engineers must be ethical and responsible, and must discern the short and long term effects of their decisions on society and the environment. They also have to be leaders who can communicate their ideas and work with teams to solve problems.
We encourage those interested in joining the team full-time to submit their applications if they meet the below requirements.
General Requirements for Faculty Position
- A PhD in Mechanical, Industrial Engineering, or other engineering related qualifications
- Willingness to work on a team to develop an innovative and world class curricula
- Willingness to teach in a participatory environment
- Willingness to engage in research and supervise undergraduate projects
- Demonstrated capability in the use of computer technology
- Excellent written & verbal communication
- Familiarity with the liberal arts method of instruction. An undergraduate education at a liberal arts college is a plus
- Ability to design and deliver any of the courses below
- Engineering-oriented Mathematics (Linear Algebra, Differential Equations, and/or Multivariable Calculus)
- Material Science
- Mechanical Engineering
Prospective faculty should submit the following as part of their application
- Brief overview of research interests
- A Curriculum Vitae
- A one to two-page statement of teaching philosophy, explaining the benefits of the proposed approach to teaching and learning
- Names and contact addresses of three professional references, of whom at least two can directly attest to teaching and student counselling capabilities or potential
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview and may also be asked to conduct an academic seminar
To apply for this job please visit ashesi.bamboohr.com.