Roche Pharmaceutical Company
Roche Pharmaceutical Company
Roche Pharmaceuticals Company is seeking a qualified Procurement and Supply Lead to manage the procurement function in line with the local and global procurement strategy, build internal process excellence, supplier relationship excellence and positioning the procurement function to add value to the business. We are seeking a candidate with at least 5 years’ experience in supply chain management, purchasing or a similar field. The successful candidate is required to have experience in managing a diversity scorecard and enterprise and supplier development as per the requirements of the role. Roche is a global pioneer in pharmaceuticals and diagnostics focused on advancing science to improve people’s lives. We are courageous in both decision and action. And we believe that good business means a better world. We are proud of who we are, what we do, and how we do it. We are many, working as one across functions, across companies, and across the world. Send your recent CV and Cover letter for Roche new vacancies in Research and Development, Software and Engineering, Sales and Marketing, IT, Manufacturing, Legal, Finance, HR, Admin, Technology and Quality Management; In every area of Roche, we’re looking for exceptional people to drive our work and company forward. Because it’s not just a job. It’s a responsibility; We are Roche.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Contribute to the development and review of the procurement strategy by obtaining and providing strategic input.
• Play a critical role in managing the company’s scorecard and implement the procurement transformation process.
• Define and implement supplier performance strategies for suppliers of goods and services to Roche Diagnostics by defining KPI metrics, tracking performance against metrics and addressing gaps.
• Coordinate with stakeholders and position the purchasing function as a key partner in the business operations by supporting and instigating initiatives for cost reduction, compliance and value improvement.
• Ensure competitively priced and uninterrupted flow of 3rd party goods and services by leveraging the buying power of Roche and the global and regional networks to drive efficiencies and economies of scale.
• Develop and implement sourcing strategies by reviewing opportunities, analyzing impact, achieving improvement in total costs, service, quality and timely delivery for materials and services identified in scope of centralized purchasing in line with global category strategies.
• Set procurement targets in the areas of centralized purchasing by defing the KPI metrics in line with company strategy and performance metrics.
• Define and implement the sourcing plan by identifying business requirements, establishing availability of products and services within the market and evaluating potential vendors based on procurement strategy.
• Support procurement strategy and compliance by defining and developing relevant SOPs, managing the SOP implementation and monitoring compliance.
• Manage and optimize the local requisition to payment processes by supporting implementation and compliance in line with the local SOP’s and global procurement guidelines.
• Manage the category life cycles by updating the relevant systems and process, identifying anomalies and implementing corrective action.
• Monitor and communicate procurement spend by collating, analysing and distributing spend reports to the organization.
• Support the implementation of procurement systems by identifying and communicating system requirements, collating the data into the system, performing system tests and driving implementation.
• Monitor systems performance by identifying performance gaps and putting corrective measures in place as required.
• Manage delivery and performance of service providers in accordance with company policies by adapting and concluding relevant legal agreements.
• Manage preferential procurement, supplier development and enterprise development by identifying and supporting suitably qualified vendors.
• Oversee compliance to quality assurance and SHE by collaborating with Roche Quality Assurance and SHE teams to assess compliance to quality and SHE compliance.
• Staff Leadership and Management; retaining, recruiting, selecting and appointing staff, inducting new staff members, monitoring and managing performance and managing staff development.
Minimum Requirements and Skills:
• Minimum HND, Bachelors or Graduate Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, Logistics, Purchasing, Pharmacy or Engineering.
• At least 5-7 years’ experience in supply chains management/procurement/purchasing or a similar field.
• Experience in managing the enterprise and supplier development as per the requirements of Roche is essential.
• Good communication skill and able to communicate effectively in English.
• At least 2 – 3 years’ experience in a centralized purchasing environment.
• Good negotiation and analytical skills, resourceful in identifying new sources of items requested.
• Strong planning, organization, and time-management skills to juggle needs of multiple teams and projects simultaneously.
• Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills, including ability to simplify what is complex and focus audience on key messages.
• Ability to positively influence key decision-makers.
• Collaborative personality actively looking to make contributions to cross-functional teams.
• Demonstrated ability to develop and lead/direct a high-performing team of professionals.
• Ability to work with all levels of management and build relationships across disciplines.
• Strong partnering and collaboration skills; has exceptionally strong and highly effective working relationships with site and network stakeholders.
• Strong influencing skills; consistently achieves targeted results without authority and by leveraging his/her expertise, knowledge, interpersonal skills, organizational savvy and relationships.
• Exceptional skills in assessing, summarizing and presenting business or operational priorities and decision-points for effective, timely and efficient management/executive decision-making.
• Demonstrates Roche Values and Core Competencies.
• Able to work independently with minimal supervision.