PEG delivers Pay-As-You-Go (PAYG) asset-based financing to consumers who lack both access to reliable electricity and formal banking services.
PEG’s anchor product – a basic solar home system that includes six lights, a phone charger, a radio, and a TV – allows consumers living on $5-10 per day to access clean light for working and studying after hours, avoid harmful air pollution from kerosene based lighting solutions, and also build credit for additional products and services over time.
To date, PEG has raised over $45 million and has over 450 full time staff across Ghana, Ivory Coast and Senegal. PEG has also won numerous awards, including the prestigious 2017 Ashden International Award for excellence in sustainable energy, and was named as one of the “fastest growing companies in Africa” by the London Stock Exchange.
The Procurement Officer will lead all procurement to execute the transactional requisition-to-order process efficiently, to secure delivery of products and services within defined time, budget and specification boundaries. Manages interfaces between buying and strategic sourcing/accounts payable
- Lead procurement and Perform supplier and market analysis including supplier financials and capabilities (products/ services, quality levels).
- Ensure to design Local procurement polices that is aligned to group and enforce departmental compliance at points of sourcing
- Act as escalation point for transactional procurement process and as interface to strategic sourcing.
- Act as an interface to Accounts Payable.
- Execute the escalation level of transactional requisition-to-order process.
- Initiate follow-up calls with requestors in case of need (specification, confirmation of demand).
- Negotiate terms and conditions that are favourable to PEG Ghana, and enforcing the use of PEG Ghana’s standard terms and conditions where possible. Ensuring that “tail spend” are managed under PEG Ghana terms and conditions.
- Supervise requisition to PO conversion using the appropriate frame contract if available.
- Ensure that PO’s are created against the correct contracts so that contracted savings materialize against the bottom line.
- Supervise spot buys when spend amount is within authorized amount, route items over limit category Managers for resolution.
- Monitor PO status, supplier confirmation and delivery.
- Identify possible late deliveries and try to minimize related risks and issues, escalate in case of need.
- Solve issues related to invoice verification, returned goods and ship date upon request, working with suppliers and internal customers.
- Provide high quality service to internal customers in response to system, email or telephone enquiries.
- Maintain professional relationships with suppliers.
- Supervise Master Data Management of suppliers and related activities.
- Supervise goods receipting and warehousing.
- Update procedures and guidelines relevant to his/ her department to cultivate best practices
- Drive innovation and continuous improvement across the Requisition to Receive process.
- Provide procurement reporting to the Country Financial Controller, Category Managers, in line with Procurement Service Catalogue requirements (e.g. Open PO Analysis)
- Manage and Implement eProcurement and eSourcing where relevant
The successful candidate must have:
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years’ relevant experience in a similar role/strategic sourcing and procurement.
- Minimum 2 years ERP system experience
- Experience in Project or Program Management
- Knowledge and experience in data cleaning, sorting, visualisation, analysis and modelling is required
- Experience in managing Preferential Procurement and Enterprise and Supplier Development.
- Persuading and Influencing skills
- Stakeholder Management
- Relationship Management.
- Advanced negotiation skills
- Effective communication skills
- Proven analytical skill and ability.
- Interpersonal skills
- Execution bias
- Team player
PEG is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. All qualified candidates regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, race and religion are encouraged to apply.