Procurement Manager, Care International
CARE International is one of the World’s leading humanitarian and development organizations. Founded in 1945, CARE has been fighting global poverty and defending the dignity of people around the world, working in over 90 countries around the globe.
CARE started operations in Ghana in 1994 and have for the past 23 years, has partnered government agencies, multinational and Civil Society organizations to undertake interventions in the areas of education, food and nutrition security, financial inclusion, women’s empowerment, governance, among others.
The position provides direct supervision of the procurement personnel and lead complex procurement process & multiple donor compliance, guidance and instruction, as necessary, to sub-offices and monitoring their work to ensure that Procurement policies and procedures are adhered to at all times. Key Responsibilities
- Co-ordination & supervision of all procurement needs of Accra & sub-offices thus ensuring that all procurement policies, procedures are adhered to, This involves monitoring of all procurement processes in Accra and sub-offices to maintain economy and efficiency of operation.
- Evaluates overall RFQs, price, quality & specification and past performance of each contract and recommend to management for final approval. The incumbent exercises considerable independent judgment.
- Participates in the negotiation of purchasing agreements, payment arrangements and delivery scheduling.
- Coordinate international procurement and orders from CARE HQ in Atlanta
- Maintain costing data to enable budget holders to have ready and easy access to prices for budget formation.
- Develop excellent knowledge of donor rules and CARE International procurement procedures and ensure CARE International in Ghana procurement complies.
- Assist Project managers and Coordinators in developing procurement plans to ensure budget spending within time frame.
- Where requested, help project team develop specification, advising on type of equipment needed, what is available, rough costing etc.
- Provide ongoing supervision, management, support and guidance to Procurement Staff
- Establish system, improve efficiency & effectiveness of CO procurement
- Develops and updates the Country Office’s Procurement policy, in compliance with CARE’s policies & donor’s. Performs variety of procurement activities including preparation of specifications and initiate bidding process.
- Establish approved vendor list, organize procurement committee meeting and maintain high-level accountability of CO procurement process.
- Responsible for preparing bid documents over $25,000.00 and ensures proper advert in newspapers for compliance with policy.
- Develop rapport with vendors (in country/off shore) with a view to understand CARE procurement systems & accountability.
- Consolidated CO annual procurement plans & organizes bulk procurement, as & when appropriate, thus resulting savings.
Required Skills or Experience
- First degree in Social Science, Administration, Business Management, Supply Chain or its equivalent or a combination of education and work experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of responsible experience in procurement related preferably from UN/INGOs sector.
- Excellent understanding of procurement, Value chain and experiences on various donors rules and regulations (especially USAID, USDOL, EC & DFID)
- A good experience in supervision is required. Previous experience working with an NGO or a development organization will be an added advantage
- Pro-active and motivated individual with a determination to make a difference.
- Proven track record of managing and delivering services in a large INGO.
- Awareness of Global sourcing of procuring various items.
- Excellent Analytical skill, good written and oral communication skills, Ability to exercise independent judgment and work without direction.
- Ability to multi tasked work within deadlines, Proficient in use of Microsoft applications, including excel, word, PowerPoint & Outlook (or similar software), Good knowledge of Administration systems and practice, policies and procedures
- Strong customer service focus and ability to work well with people from varied backgrounds and cultures at all levels in organization.
- Excellent planning, organization and time management skills and ability to work independently
- Fluency in English and Strong team player
- Strong problem solving, analytical, operational and coordinating abilities
- Good interpersonal, oral and written communication and presentation skills
How To ApplyInterested candidates should submit their applications and detailed CVs to the HR Officer, CARE International in Ghana or electronically to email@example.com.
- PLEASE INDICATE CLEARLY IN THE SUBJECT LINE THE POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR.
- Closing date for submission of applications is Wednesday 25th September 2019.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
At CARE, we know that recruiting and retaining a talented and diverse workforce is critical to achieving our mission of ending global poverty.