Kinross is a Canadian-based Gold mining company with its head office in Toronto, and has mines and projects in the United States, Canada, Russia, Brazil, Chile, Ecuador, Ghana and Mauritania, and employs approximately 6,000 people worldwide.
Our core values are putting people first, outstanding corporate citizenship, high-performance culture, and rigorous financial discipline.
We are dynamic, innovative, and passionate about who we are and how we work, and we do not compromise when it comes to doing the right thing in the communities where we operate.
At Kinross, we pride ourselves on being skilled, responsible operators who strive not only to meet but to exceed, regulatory requirements for both environmental and health and safety performance, wherever we operate.
Putting people first is a core Kinross value, and our chief priority is to ensure the safety and well-being of every employee and contractor who works for us.
This position is responsible for managing CGML Process Plant Maintenance team and resources to promote continuous improvement by driving ongoing change to achieve environmental, quality and production targets.
Responsibilities & Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Actively promote Safety and Hazard awareness.
- Maintain production goals and objectives as a team.
- Ensure relevant safety, Mining and other statutory codes and regulations remain in full compliance.
- Establish and maintain a professional relationship with Local Government Authorities
- Practice and promote company environmental, health, safety and operation policies and procedures.
- Actively participate in CGML Continuous Improvement programs.
- Ensure high Process Plant equipment availability.
- Demonstrate strong asset management experience focusing on maintenance execution, planning, managing major overhauls and outages and formulating maintenance strategies to meet production equipment.
- Interpret specifications, blueprints and work orders to subordinates, assign duties and assist in diagnosing malfunctions in all Process Plant equipment.
- Manage mechanical engineering projects to ensure delivery of project within set budget and timeframes.
- Understand costs and seek improvement in unit cost performance
- Report all incidents, unsafe positions, defected equipment and safety complaints from the department to HSE representatives.
- Commitment to investigate, represent and provide technical reports for any incidents and participate in root cause analysis of failures when required.
- Ensure all Process Plant Maintenance workers on site meet company and governmental requirements with respect to training and certification.
- Coordinate maintenance areas at the Process Plant including mills, crushers, conveyors, CIL tanks, pipelines, water treatment, pumping and power systems and ancillary industrial equipment.
- Liaise with Mechanical Maintenance team on process control instrumentation and PLC systems when required.
- Manage third party contractual responsibilities in relation to mechanical engineering projects.
- Ensure all projects are effectively budgeted and monitored to remain with cost constrains and ensure full schedule compliance on all projects.
- Ensure Process Plant mechanical infrastructure is maintained to standard to enabale annual plan targets are met, and the long term integrity of assets are established through life mine planning.
- Coordinate the mechanical maintenance budget to achieve the annual planned budget compliance.
- Create AFE for required projects and record them in Kinross AFE systems for processing and close/finalize AFE’s in the system upon AFE completion.
- Manage all Process Plant maintenance, coordinate planning, installations and rebuilds.
- Read and understand mechanical drawings and ensure proper drawing library is established and maintained.
- Develop Condition Based Monitoring programs (Infrared Thermography, Ultrasound inspections, etc.).
- Prepare technical specification for major equipment and plant modification.
- Develop and implement mechanical maintenance programs and standards in order to ensure the safe functioning of equipment.
- Oversee to the acquisition and replacement of mechanical equipment in conjunction with engineering (projects) according to the regulatory and internal standards of CGML and ensure the update of mechanical drawings.
- Ensure reporting and recording requirements are maintained accurately and on time and that communication channels for relaying information to appropriate personnel are maintained and improved.
- Develop and maintain reliability focused maintenance documentation for each asset.
- Perform required approvals and data recording work in JDE (work orders, purchase requisitions, failure codes and analysis, etc.)
- Other duties reasonably assigned.
Required Skills or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- MINCOM Superintendent Certification.
- A minimum of 10 -15 years’ experience in process equipment – particularly gyratory cone crushers, screens, conveyors and gold recovery plants. Experience is also required in plant maintenance including infrastructure, utilities and
- Required thorough understanding of all the applicable codes and legislations, as well as a practical understanding of their implications for mining and milling operations and has strong organizational, administrative, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Well-developed English; oral, written communication and report writing skills.
- Experience with computerized maintenance systems.
- Has the skill of quality job execution, and able to plan jobs in coordination with colleagues and other departments.
- MSHA training
- Ability to perform under pressure, respond quickly to requests, achieve effective results and meet tight deadlines
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint Applications.
- Ability to build and maintain effective collateral and cross-functional working relationships.
- Must possess a valid Ghanaian Driver’s License with good defensive driving skills.
- A proven successful track record of leading teams and managing people
- The high degree of flexibility, diplomacy, respect for confidentiality and strong work ethic
How To Apply
Interested candidates with the requisite qualifications and skills should send their CVs and copies of relevant certificates to Chiranohr.email@example.com not later than 7th December 2019
Applicants are to indicate the position in the subject area when applying online.