Ghana HR Solutions
Our client, an international Shipping company is looking to hire Ports and Terminal Operations Coordinator to help deliver top notch service with their rapidly growing customer base.
The successful candidate’s will be responsible for overseeing the operations of vessels in Ghana and selected Offices and Agencies and also ensure smooth workflow within the Ports and Terminal Operations (PTO) department.
He/She will also be the liaison between company and the terminals in the area and be responsible for all work orders relating to Port and terminal costs.
- Assist the Ports and Terminal Operations (PTO) Team Leader to contribute to the business wide strategy; resolving complex and escalate complaints or disputes
- Assist both internal and external customers in resolving complex issues requiring specialized knowledge of a functional area and / or broad knowledge across functions.
- Ensure the Maintenance of vessel schedules on a daily basis
- Co-ordinate and arrange necessary documentation for company’s vessels calling at ports in our area.
- Deliver the latest vessel information to the organization
- Point of Entry (POE) for any operational issues with the terminals.
- Local liaison between company and SLOT partners, general communication, conflict resolution, documentation & Terminal Buildup Units (TBU’s).
- Capture and verify all port related expenses via work orders in Freight Information Systems (FIS).
- Out of Gauge, (O.O.G) local experts for costing and port restrictions / Regulations.
- Dangerous Goods (D.G) local experts for costing and port restrictions / Regulations.
- Reconciliation of load & discharge via F.I.S and terminal systems.
- Monitors terminal operations to ensure work is flowing in accordance with defined processes.
- Accountable for problem resolution with customers, vendors, and other offices within the company.
- Identify opportunities for cost reduction and cost control.
- Research and resolves damage claims
- Develop new business processes for smoother workflows.
- Establish benchmarks for terminal operations coordinators and review their performance on a monthly basis to detect and remedy problems.
- Analyse shipment problems and determine corrective actions.
- Examine issues and problems effectively, generating possible solutions
- Create an environment where people communicate openly and honestly.
- Conveys information effectively and convincingly.
- Other roles as assigned
- First Degree in shipping or logistics relate courses.
- At least 1-3 years’ experience in the Port and Terminals field.
Key skills and Requirements
- Ability to adapt to the company’s business strategy
- Ability to lead a team to achieve goals
- Ability to achieve and exceed targets
- Specialist in Port procedures and ad hoc problem solving for all port & terminal related matters.
- Good understanding of Microsoft applications.
- Ability to work on several systems simultaneously and interpret the data.
- Thorough knowledge of port based applications (Navis) and documentation procedures.
- Ability to work under pressure and excellent time management.
- Good general knowledge of Ports / terminal infrastructure, procedures and tariffs.
- Willingness to attend to emergencies outside of usual working hours.
- Able to assess and make an informed decision to resolve operational issues under pressure.
- Ability to communicate internally and externally with people of all levels.
- Acknowledge signals
- Multi-dimensional thinking
- Ability to make sound decisions and accept responsibility
- Lateral thinker
- Positive team player
- Positive attitude and Enthusiastic
- Self-Confident and Self Disciplined
- Capacity to support and inspire
- Open and honest attitude
- Hard working
To apply please send CVS to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org