The Tax job family encompasses global roles accountable for the design and implementation of tax strategies, policies and the tax governance framework. It also includes the provision of tax support to Diageo’s business units, delivery of projects to create shareholder value, and proactive management and mitigation of key tax risks.
Tax Business Partner
The Purpose Of This The Role Is To
To partner with the business to drive the execution of the tax strategies, policies and governance framework across Diageo. Proactively engage with business partners with a commercial mind-set to generate opportunities and to deliver robust tax risk management and mitigation plans. Support the tax compliance agenda. Support the business strategy and operational activity.
The areas of the business you will support and who you will work with:
- Guinness Ghana Breweries Plc (GGB Plc) is a leading brewer and marketer of premium alcoholic and malt drinks in Ghana. GGBL operates from two sites in four drinks categories: Stout, Lager, RTD and Malt as well as the distribution of Spirits. The business is the larger of the brewing businesses in Ghana with over 50% market share.
- The Tax Manager role will be based in Ghana. and will report to the Africa Business Partner Lead. This role has no direct reports.
- Finance Business partners and operational teams (including FD and FC) together with CRD and MD – Develop and maintain a strong working relationship and keeping up to date with business priorities and developments, act as a trusted business advisor in order to challenge and support the markets in improving overall tax management
- Tax Compliance, Reporting teams – Collaborate to provide high quality, timely tax activities and outcomes to the business
- Governance & Change – Support delivery of changes / improvements
- Ghana Revenue Authority departments and other senior government tax authorities – Contribute to the management of the relationship and discussions with authorities on tax audits or tax enquiries
- External Advisors – Support the relationship with external tax advisors and hold them to account for the delivery of timely, cost effective and value add tax advice
What You Will Be Responsible For
- Tax Compliance – Support the tax compliance, financial and reporting obligations of the markets. Collaborate with tax compliance teams and advisors to provide high quality, a ccurate, timely computation, payment and accounting for various taxes and application agreed global standard processes/governance framework. Execute specific tax related processes/activities following agreed global standard processes and governance framework and identify opportunities for standardisation and simplification.
External Relationships – Leadership and ownership of key relationships with GRA in order to implement strategy and address tax audits/queries. Own the relationship with external tax advisors and hold them to account for the delivery of timely, cost effective and value add tax advice Finance Business partnership – Develop and maintain a strong working relationship and keeping up to date with business priorities and developments, act as a trusted business advisor in order to challenge and support the markets in improving overall tax management. Advise, guide and educate market stakeholders on key tax issues to enable the business to adopt and adhere to relevant tax policies and standards, and mitigate tax risk.
- Value Creation and Risk Management – Advise, guide and educate stakeholders on key tax issues to enable the business to adopt and adhere to relevant tax policies and standards, and mitigate tax risk.
Seek opportunities for standardisation and simplification. Thorough risk assessment of GGB Plc’s tax position and development of optimal strategy and communication of key issues to key stakeholders
Governance & Change – Support delivery of internal or external changes. Provide tax support to market-initiated projects e.g. innovation to ensure tax strategies and policies are adhered to and opportunities to deliver tax efficiencies are identified and fully evaluated. Keep up to date with tax law changes and best practice; identify tax risks and opportunities and recommend actions. Active engagement in the management and monitoring of market tax risks.
Qualifications And Experience
The qualifications and experience you will bring:
- 1st degree in business related studies
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Taxation (Ghana) or Fully qualified accountant (ICA, ACCA or its equivalent)
- Experience within a tax function in a global multinational or a tax advisory firm preferred
- Experience of managing tax audits
- Broad understanding of key domestic and international tax issues
- 3 years post qualification experience of leadership within a tax function in a multinational (preferred) or a tax advisory firm
- Wide experience in taxation within Ghana, Africa and Global.
- Application of tax knowledge to commercial agenda
- Sound judgement regarding acceptable levels of tax risk
The skills you will need:
- Effective project management and implementation skills
- Good team working and communication skills across diverse cultures
- Capable of adapting policies across several territories
- Able to manage risk
- Able to embed compliance and ethics
Other Recent Jobs in Ghana:
Please login to your account to bookmark this entry.
Apply For job
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.