Agromite Limited is looking for a responsible Operations Manager in its Tumu’s office to implement and direct the day-to-day operational activities, plans and programs to ensure efficient operation and compliance of all business processes and standard operating procedures.
Duties of the Operations Manager include the direction and management of customers, expenses, staffing (internal & external), revenues, equipment resources and participation in the sales processes of the equipment. Develop and implement an efficient fee for service mechanization program to meet the growing demands of clients. This position may require some weeknights and weekend hours.
- Directly supervise employees as well as sub-contract service providers.
- Administer job orders and ensure jobs are appropriately assigned.
- Manage, train, supervise and monitor performance of operators and supporting personnel to ensure safe and proper operation of equipment.
- Monitors and controls field operations in accordance with manufacturers O&M manuals, SOP’s and established company policies and procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of equipment handling, assembling and standard operating procedures to properly instruct employees.
- Frequent independent decision-making to ensure safe and proper operations are adhered.
- Develop and maintain daily spreadsheets and operating reports relating to field operations as well as compliance monitoring and documentation.
- Reports weekly status covering all operations and related activities to General Manager.
- Enforce and maintain company safety programs and procedures.
- Negotiate service contracts and monitor contract fulfillment.
- Maintain regular contact with existing clients to determine if their needs are met, providing responsive customer service and resolving client issues quickly and effectively.
- Collaborate with other managers and staff members to formulate and implement policies, procedures, goals, and objectives.
- Exhibit at all times safe behavior and perform job in safe manner.
- A Bachelor’s or equivalent Degree in Agricultural or Mechanical Engineering
- Five (5) years working experience in a related role
- A working experience with smallholder farmers and development partners
- Must be reliable and committed to completing task assigned
- Ability to analyse and solve mechanical failures
- Working knowledge of occupational hazards and safety at the workplace
- Must have Leadership Skills
- Must be able to work in a team
- Ability to work under difficult conditions to meet stringent deadlines
- Ability to take initiatives
- Proficient in computing including MS Office Suite
- Self-motivation and commitment to achieving excellence.
- Sound judgment with excellent decision-making, influencing and negotiation skills.
- Communication skills to work with company leadership to meet operational needs and company objectives.