Objective B Lead
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role:
The Trade and Investment Activity will improve the enabling environment for Ghana’s economic growth, including, but not limited to: i) facilitating growth in export-oriented trade, ii) improving and developing quality production standards, iii) catalyzing investments in private enterprises operating in the high-value commercial crops; iv) promoting job creation, particularly among women and youth; v) promoting economic diversification; and vi) increasing foreign exchange revenues from high-value export crops. The Trade and Investment Activity will facilitate investing in firms that trade goods across borders, spur innovation, and build the capacity of the entire trade sector. This activity will use a systems approach to address: i) investment promotion and facilitation; ii) trade facilitation; and iii) small and medium enterprise (SME) development.
Purpose of Position
The Objective B Lead will report to the Chief of Party (COP) of the project. S/He will oversee Objective B activities and staff, ensuring compliance and delivery of results. The Objective B Lead will coordinate all project’s trade facilitation activities with the GOG and other relevant partner organizations. S/He will serve as the point of contact with various Ministries and Agencies, managing stakeholder dialogue, buy-in, and public sector engagement.
Duration: 5 years
Location: Accra, Ghana
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with GOG and private sector to improve current risk management practices and address non-tariff barriers to trade
- Support improved and sustained private sector advocacy for trade facilitation and trade policy
- Coordinate technical assistance with donors, local government organizations, private sector, and other relevant partners
- Design and lead activities to reduce time and cost to securely move imports and exports from/into Ghana
- Strengthen AfCFTA institutional capacity to develop policy regulations aligned with international best practices to integrate Ghana into the continental free trade zone
- Lead Objective B work planning and implementation to ensure program meets targets
- Provide necessary input for Objective B-related monitoring, evaluation, and learning; gender and social inclusion strategy; communication; and budgets
- Any other tasks requested by the Chief of Party
- Advanced degree in international trade, economics, international development, trade policy, or other closely related field
- At least eight years of experience in trade facilitation, customs, trade policy, or other closely related field
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Excellent knowledge of trade facilitation, Ghana and/or regional experience preferred
- Proven experience developing and finalizing high quality deliverables
- Working proficiency in English required
- At least three years’ experience on donor-funded projects for economic growth preferred, USAID experience a plus
GET MORE INTERVIEWS WITH SOBIAONLINE. CHOOSE FROM THE PACKAGES BELOW