Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Undertake assessment, planning and implementation of interventions for addressing patient care problems.
- Evaluate patient responses to interventions and modify plans as needed.
- Undertake and demonstrate nursing tasks in the best interest of patient care and professional standards.
- Washing and bathing
- Bed Making
- Elimination including catheterisation, bowel and stoma care
- Feeding e.g. oral, nasogastric or parenteral feeding and ensuring adequate nutritional intake for patients in liaison with the dietician.
- Obtaining specimens e.g. bodily fluids, wound swabs, blood.
- Administration of drugs e.g. oral, intravenous, subcutaneous, rectal and topical and monitoring of effects.
- Simple and complex dressings.
- Monitoring of vital signs (Pause, temperature, BP, respiration)
- Demonstrate an enquiring approach towards patient care.
- Read reports and take note of critical cases, do chart rounds and ensure treatment has been given
- Participate in the ward rounds
- Assist with manual handling and transferring of patients in compliance with the hospital policy
- Maintain a safe and therapeutic patient care environment
- Undertake the last offices for deceased patients and give relevant information to relatives/carers
- Advise on the promotion of health and prevention of illness, teaching patients and their relatives where appropriate
- Assist the Ward Manger/ Unit In-Charge in promoting the right of patients/clients and maintaining the privacy and dignity of clients/patients and staff
- Perform other official duties assigned by the Ward Manager/Unit In-Charge
- Communicate effectively both orally and written.
- Report writing skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work in a team
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to initiate and maintain clear, concise documentation
- Self motivated and ability to motivate others
- Flexible attitude and committed to the needs of the Service
Send your CV with Certicates, License & PIN to the following email addres: email@example.com