MEL Manager Plan Ghana Koforidua
Dimensions of Role:
• The MEL Manager will be responsible and ultimately accountable for developing and implementing the MGCubed project’s knowledge management system, all with the ultimate objective of improving project effectiveness.
• You will have a passion for working for girls’ rights and/or improving education. You will work closely with community organisations, education stakeholders and Plan programme staff to implement appropriate tools and data collection techniques to systematically measure project progress and ensure continuous learning.
• You will ensure that Plan International’s global policies for Child Protection (CPP) and Gender Equality and Inclusion (GEI) are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), their relevance to their area of work, and that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures. You have responsibility for ensuring safeguarding procedures or policies, including on adult Sexual Exploitation, Harassment and Abuse, are adhered to.
• MGCubed is a 4 year, DFID-funded Girls’ Education Challenge project supporting marginalised girls and children with disabilities in two regions of Ghana. MGCubed aims to address the challenges of teacher quality, teacher absenteeism, and poor learning environments through the provision of quality educational content in rural Ghanaian schools. Using solar-powered and satellite-enabled distance learning infrastructure to deliver interactive learning sessions to students, teachers, communities and government officials, MGCubed aims to improve learning outcomes for marginalised pupils, support pupils to transition successfully through school, and contribute to sustained improvements in the Ghanaian education system.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Advanced degree in Statistics, Measurement in Education, Planning, monitoring & evaluation, Development research, Social Sciences or other relevant fields.
• Minimum of 5 years’ working experience in a similar role.
• Demonstrable expertise in developing and implementing M&E systems.
• Exceptional quantitative and qualitative data processing and analysis skills, including adapting/developing monitoring tools and surveys.
• Proficiency with Excel, including data analysis techniques.
• Experience managing large and complex databases.
• In-depth knowledge of the processes, procedures and systems in project planning, management, monitoring and evaluation in education programme delivery.
• Previous experience of using Salesforce as a database (desirable)
• Previous experience of managing data collection processes and using mobile data collection software.
• Proven experience in facilitating and delivering trainings using participatory approaches.
• Experience collating and analysing comprehensive monitoring and evaluation data from multiple sources to prepare succinct reports and creative materials tailored for the needs of diverse audiences.
• Previous experience of managing a small team.
• Experience of working in the NGO setting will be desirable.
• Experience working with DFID or another large institutional donor is desirable.
• Knowledge in Gender programming and working with Women’s Rights Organisations is an advantage.
• Capacity building experience in project design, implementation, reporting, and evaluation.
Skills required for the post
• Excellent English language skills, including reading, writing, speaking and listening.
• The ability to multi-task and cope with a degree of pressure at peak times.
• Strong collaborative and interpersonal skills and ability to work with people from a variety of cultures and backgrounds.
• Strong understanding and proven application of project cycle management.
• Skills in the design, entry, analysis of data in Microsoft Excel and Access as well as for Microsoft word and PowerPoint; knowledge of statistical software (e.g. SPSS) preferred.
• Self-starter who takes initiative and works with minimal direct supervision.
• Flexible, able to shift directions quickly and occasionally work long hours to meet tight reporting deadlines.
Closing Date: 14 December, 2019
Recent Jobs on Sobiaonline:
To apply for this job please visit jobs.plan-international.org.