Website IITA Ghana
Research to nourish ghana
International Institute of Tropical Agriculture seeks Ghanaian nationals for the position below at the institute’s research location in Tamale.
These positions are sponsored under the “Yam Improvement for Income and Food Security in West Africa – Phase II (YIIFSWA II) by Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF).
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
• The M&E Officer will support M&E activities related to the work with the project partners in the area including all funding sources used for YIIFSWA II project
• The post will involve considerable extraction and computer entry of data from field reports, some analysis and frequent traveling across the country.
• Most importantly, she/he will be responsible for ensuring that primary stakeholders are fully involved in undertaking M&E activities.
The tasks of the M&E Officer will include the following
• Supervise all activities in the project areas
• Contribute in the Design and organise surveys
• Gather data of all activities in accordance with agreed on procedures and standards
• Submit monthly technical reports of achievements
• Execute routine data quality control and checking of other’s work
• Ensure that the targets specified in the project for Ghana are met at the specified time
• Other responsibilities or duties as may be assigned by the supervisor or project management team
Qualification Required & Experience
• The candidate should have MSc in M&E, agricultural economics, economics, development or marketing, development management and planning or sociology from a reputable university
• At least 3 years experience in project monitoring and evaluation, data processing or analysis and advanced computer-based data management and analysis
• Experience with supporting timely and accurate project progress reporting
• Ability to organise and train enumerators
• Good contextual knowledge of local issues, community priorities, organisational relationships, social and cultural constraints and realities
• Good team spirit with readiness to participate as a team member in the accomplishment of duties
• Resourcefulness to operate under frequently trying and isolated field circumstances
• Ability to travel frequently across communities within Ghana
• Sound mathematical and good English skills
How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants should forward their applications with detailed curriculum vitae with their names saved in Microsoft word format to:
Application be addressed to the Station Administration, IITA Ghana and must have the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include either the Head of applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct supervisor at work and evidence of current remuneration package
Closing Date: 25 September, 2019
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org