International Justice Mission - IJM
Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
WHO WE ARE
International Justice Mission (IJM) is the global leader in protecting the poor from violence in the developing world. Our global team of over 1,000 professionals are at work in over 25 countries. Together, we are catalyzing a global revolution that will rescue millions, protect half a billion, and make justice for the poor unstoppable. Motivated by God’s call to seek justice for the oppressed, we believe that the way we work is as important as the results we achieve. We value joy and celebration, and we strive to provide professional excellence to all those we serve.
International Justice Mission, Ghana is seeking individuals with high-level expertise to fill the Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist position.
• The M & E Specialist will lead in monitoring and evaluating programs that IJM Ghana is implementing to ensure that the design and implementation of those programs and projects that are funded by International Narcotics & Law Enforcement (INL) and JTIP grants are leading towards the stated impact.
• The M & E Specialist will also lead in internal learning initiatives to have staff benefit from lessons in global IJM offices.
• The M & E Specialist will play a critical role in designing and conducting researches (both baseline and end line) that the office may conduct from time to time to gain understanding on phenomenon under study.
• The M & E Specialist will develop networks to gain governmental and non-governmental data and merge it with IJM data to better understand trends of the performance of criminal justice system and make sense of the evidence and be a key advisor when designing IJM’s new programs.
• The M & E Specialist will design measurement tools that will be incorporated in IJM operations that will provide data to feed into IJM programs.
• S/he will provide leadership to IJM staff to learn from the results that is got from the field and inculcate M & E culture in staff as they conduct their daily duties.
• S/he will provide quality assurance to programs and enhance technical capacity for staff implementing the programs.
Qualification Required & Experience
We welcome applicants with a mix of the following training, experience and competencies:
• A degree in Monitoring and Evaluation or Anthropology or Social Sciences or Public Policy or International Development. M & E applicants should possess a Master’s degree in the field stated above or related.
• Be a member in good standing of a professional society on M & E in Africa.
• At least 5 years’ experience in program design and a strong understanding of M& E methods preferably on advocacy, accountability, justice and governance programs and at least 5 years’ experience at a senior level.
• Exposure and experience in government-funded programs as well as those funded by private institutions and foundations.
• You have vast experience in qualitative and quantitative data analysis. You have the ability to present complex data and information in a clear and compelling manner to a wide range of stakeholders. You are vast knowledgeable in the current debates on M & E. Terms like “regression analysis,” SPSS, and STATA excite you.
• Advanced writing & presentation skills. You are able to distill complex topics, effectively communicate in writing and make compelling presentations and prepare reports.
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Office programs and data management software’s (ODK, ONA, tableau, etc.)
• You are results-oriented with drive for high level of excellence
• Collaborative skills. You actively listen and communicate. You connect easily with your team and colleagues. You can roll up your sleeves and help others out in a pinch. Exceptional ability to work independently and autonomously.
IJM Ghana offers a competitive salary and benefits package. The position is for a two year period and will be based in Accra, Ghana with occasional travel as may be required.
How To Apply For The Job
Send Cover Letter, Resume, & Statement of Faith* by e-mail to:
firstname.lastname@example.org in one document, stating the position in the subject heading. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date: 23 December, 2019
*What is a statement of faith?
A statement of faith should describe your Christian faith and how you see it as relevant to your involvement with IJM. The statement can either be incorporated into the cover letter or submitted as a separate document and should include, at a minimum, a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, study, etc.) and your current fellowship or place of worship.