Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Chemonics International, a US-based international development consulting firm, seeks an experienced Monitoring and Evaluation Officer for the USAID Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) Program based in Ghana.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (M&E) will provide strategic technical and operational support for implementation of the project’s country monitoring and evaluation plans.
Monitoring and Evaluation Officer Responsibilities
• Work with the project M&E and Communications Team to develop the performance monitoring plans (PMP), to organize and document the collection of project performance data and keep the PMP updated.
• Contribute to annual work planning process by working with the M&E Specialist to ensure alignment of the project work plan with the PMP. Design and develop data collection tools for performance monitoring
• Conduct in-depth analysis of performance trends in-relation to investment and specific project interventions in HIV/AIDs, Malaria, Family Planning and HIV/AIDS
• Provide the required focus data analysis to track the outputs and outcomes of interventions to assure performance of the health commodity supply chain.
• Regular identify performance gaps and work with colleagues to develop process maps to achieve desired results.
• Develop performance tracking tools and dashboards that readily indicates performance trends and results.
• Develop and ensure application of effective monitoring, tracking, and reporting systems, tools and templates that enable and enhance regular monitoring of outputs and program quality across the regions and generate quality evidence at various program levels.
• Provide technical support on project design, strategic development, and overall annual planning and reporting processes.
• Assist the preparation of project monthly, quarterly and annual reports in line with stakeholder requirements
Monitoring and Evaluation Officer Qualification Required & Experience
Required Skills and Qualifications:
• Master’s Degree in Public Health, Supply Chain, Health Informatics, Management, and any relevant field with professional training and working experience in Monitoring and Evaluation.
• At least 5 years demonstrated progressive experience in program monitoring and evaluation, project planning and management in the context of a development project.
• Analytical skills required; experience with a statistical package such as SPSS, STATA, preferred.
• Demonstrate understanding of the Ghana’s Health Information Management System and Logistics Management Information System. Demonstrate understanding and use of advance data analysis and visualization tools
• Demonstrated skills and experience in development of M&E tools, data analysis, data quality assessments, and data use. Basic knowledge of editing skills and understanding of style guides preferred
• Have advanced quantitative skills, including knowledge of statistical programs. Have strong organizational skills and ability to pay attention to detail.
• Have an ability to manage diverse activities and meet required deadlines; flexibility to changing situations and priorities desired.
• Demonstrated experience in writing reports and producing publications and proofreading skills required.
• Experience gathering input, synthesizing and packaging content for websites, and social media platforms
• Demonstrate initiative and ability to work independently and as a member of a team to coordinate and/or lead the efforts to effectively meet M&E needs.
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills; proven ability to work effectively on teams in a multi-cultural context and the ability to organize, summarize, and rewrite technical information.
• Excellent writing skills and experience with content management systems and social media management tools.
• Basic knowledge of graphic/editorial design and video production software.
• Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity. Fluency in English required.
Level of Effort and Location
This long-term position will be based in Accra, Ghana with intermittent travel throughout the country.
How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application for the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Click Here To Apply Online
Closing Date: 19 October, 2020