• Ensure safe and efficient development of the quarry pit.
• Supervise daily activities of the quarry pit.
• Liaise with mineral commission for renewal of quarry license and other operating permit
• Write and send monthly returns report (Production Explosives) to mineral commission.
• Ensure availability of mining waybills, logbooks, mineral and mining regulations, 2012 (Li2182) at site.
• Liaise with quarry manager for pre-blast procedures, blast type, mining type etc.
• Write weekly reports to the quarry manager.
• Any other activities that will be assigned from time to time.
• Carry out all blasting activities at site.
• assessing the feasibility and the potential for commercial benefit of new sites
• ascertaining extraction risks
• producing models or plans for possible mining sites
• planning and implementing extraction systems
• monitoring and evaluating underground performance
• ensuring that operations comply with health and safety requirements
• making sure that the equipment used is safe
• managing budgets
• training and supervising staff
• keeping records
• costing and organizing supplies.
Qualification Required & Experience
• BSc Mining engineering.
• Blasting certificate
• First aid certificate
• Minimum of 4 year work experience
• Problem-solving skills
• Self-motivated with a results-driven approach
• Communication and interpersonal skills
• Organizational and leadership abilities
• Advanced skills in MS Office
How To Apply For The Job
Send cvs to:
Closing Date: 11 November, 2020