Typical Responsibilities – Key End Results of Position:
“What” is done and “why”, but not “how”; include indicators for success
MEL System: Lead and coordinate the participatory development and implementation of the project’s MEL system.
A strong understanding of results-based management and technical proficiency in mixed methods, data collection, analysis and presentation is essential.
Mel Specialist Expected Outcomes:
• Performance measurement frameworks and plans are finalized and validated with relevant stakeholders, and are inclusive of youth formal empowerment domains and indicators
• Ability to integrate indices designed as composite measurements that aggregate, rank and summarize multiple indicators and data points.
• Creativity in developing qualitative and quantitative monitoring tools suited to the needs and capacities of local partners operating at different levels.
• Routine project monitoring is undertaken inclusive of tool design and development; data collection, cleaning and compilation; analysis, validation and sharing with relevant stakeholders.
• Management Information System is established and maintained to systematically collect, store and analyze output and activity information.
• Technical oversight and direction for baseline and endline studies inclusive of developing Terms of Reference and ensuring consultants deliver high quality reports (support in verifying the methodology, the relevance of the tools, and the quality of the report submitted) and value for money.
• Ensures M&E strategies in formal youth empowerment are responsive to the context, implemented consistently across all project activities (start-up to close-out), and adhere to best practices in the sector.
• Responsible for ensuring all monitoring and evaluation activities are conducted in line with Plan International’s child protection/safeguarding and ethical principles and promote accountability to beneficiaries
• Performs any other duties to be assigned to support the achievement of organizational goals
Qualification Required & Experience of MEL Specialist
• Advanced degree in statistics, measurement, planning, monitoring & evaluation, development research, or other relevant fields.
• Strong understanding of results-based management tools and approaches
• Demonstratable expertise in developing and implementing M&E systems
• In-depth knowledge of the processes, procedures and systems in project planning, management, monitoring and evaluation.
• A minimum of 6 years experience in project planning, monitoring, evaluation and research of complex development projects
• Knowledge of statistical analysis, quantitative and qualitative data collection techniques
• Coaching and mentoring skills for building the capacity of partner organizations in M&E and learning
• Proven experience in facilitating and delivering various trainings using participatory approaches.
• Knowledge in Youth Economic programming and working with partners is an advantage.
• Familiarity with current trends in formal youth livelihoods development and environmental sustainability
• Capacity building experience in project design, implementation, reporting, and evaluation.
Demonstrated behaviours needed by the postholder to successfully perform the role:
• Passion for Youth Economic programming, mission driven work and personal values aligned with Plan International.
• Commitment to working transparently and with integrity.
• Inclusive and empowering approach to leadership and project management.
• Demonstrated creativity and willingness to innovate.
• Flexible and adaptable work style to respond to an evolving context.
• Ability to work under pressure, prioritize and meet deadlines.
• Communicates clearly and effectively
• Committed to respecting deadlines
Skills Specific to the post needed to put knowledge into practice.
• Demonstrable experience in implementing M&E framework in multimillion-dollar institutional grants through donors such as BMZ, USAID, DFID and European Union.
• Strong understanding of Youth Economic programming and gender equality.
• Strong understanding of Youth Economic monitoring and evaluation, and results-based management tools and approaches.
• Strong understanding and proven application of project cycle management.
• Skills in the design, entry, analysis of data in Microsoft Excel and Access as well as for Microsoft word and PowerPoint; knowledge of statistical software (e.g. SPSS) preferred
• Experience in SAP is an advantage
• The MEL Specialist should have Solid writing skills (report writing etc.)
• Self-starter takes initiative and works with minimal direct supervision.
• Strong inter-personal and cross-cultural skills.
• Flexible, able to shift directions quickly and occasionally work long hours to meet tight reporting deadlines.
How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Closing Date: 14 December, 2019
Related jobs on sobiaonline.com:
Ticketing Agent at Reputable Company
Alumni Intern Positions at Plan Ghana
Customer Support Executive at Reputable Company
Engineer-Utility (U) at Marriott Hotels Accra
Legal Counsel at Reputable Company
To apply for this job please visit jobs.plan-international.org.