REPORTS TO: The Chief Executive Officer
ACCOUNTABLE TO: The Chief Executive OfficerBUSINESS DESCRIPTIONOrcas Global is an indigenous business organization established to provide innovative and environmentally friendly business products and services that address very unique socio-economic and environmental challenges in Ghana and Africa at large. We provide products and services in the agriculture and Entrepreneurial Development
The M&E officer will act as the technical focal point on all aspects of monitoring and evaluation of ORCAS GLOBAL project activities. The M&E Officer will be responsible for establishing and implementing an effective system to monitor progress, impacts, and successes of project activities and performance at all levels.
• Lead the ORCAS GLOBAL in establishing performance measures, collecting and analyzing performance information, planning, and managing evaluations and assisting management in using the performance information for decision-making and resource allocation.
• Advice and AssistSenior Management in developing objective teams, designing and planning for evaluations, special studies, and assessments.
• Coordinate the creation and review of all Programs, Design budgets to provide adequate financial resources for evaluations, special studies, and assessments.
• Provide inputs into the design, implementation, and dissemination of evaluations, special studies, and assessments.
• Coordinate the creation of ORCAS GLOBAL Performance Monitoring Plan including assessing the validity of the information and indicators that contribute to that plan.
• Assist the ORCAS GLOBAL Teams to select data collection methods for adequate monitoring and evaluation of implementing partners’ performance and of the program as a whole (these methods may include field visits, quarterly reports, specialized surveys and other sources of information like Government of Ghana statistics).
• Assist ORCAS GLOBAL Teams in reviewing these methods and making improvements to their monitoring and evaluation.
• Encourage the use of performance information in resource allocation decisions by the Office of the Chief Executive Officer, and Senior Management through leading discussions, preparing analysis or other measures.
• Coordinate the process for updating policy and procedure documents in the areas of monitoring and evaluation to align with the most current Agency Policies and requirements. Seek ways to increase transparency of the Project system of reviewing results and use of performance information.
• Work as a Point of Contact for Evaluation in the Organization and provide guidance to technical teams on issues related to monitoring and evaluation.
• Communicate with the Investors and Donor Partners on issues related to monitoring and evaluation.
• Assist Senior Management in building local M&E capacities in the spirit of Project Forward.
• Contribute to the planning of new activities that support the desired results, this includes providing input into assessments, Project Appraisal Documents, and Scopes of Work for new activities.
• Assist in the monitoring and evaluation of the implementation of activities; this may involve reviewing work plans, quarterly reports, participating in field visits, initiating regular portfolio reviews and contributing to program evaluations.
• Support the preparation of all agency-level reports such as Performance Plans and Reports, Operational Plans, Congressional Notifications, and Congressional Budget Justifications.
• Design protocols and tools, and supervise regular data collection of all projects.
• Conduct capacity assessment of existing monitoring and evaluation system and develop indicators and monitoring strategies
• Secure all M&E data by populating databases and having offline and online backups.
• Ensure integrity and quality of data through verifications and validations
• Record, manage and preserve M&E data in a safe and accessible way.
• Provide technical support on M&E and evidence-based recommendations to Project Team based on thought-through data analysis.
• Ensure all M&E field activities conform to funding agencies criteria and practices
• Support partners in conducting surveys and M&E activities.
• Monitor project activities, expenditures and progress towards achieving project outputs
• Develop a robust offline and online monitoring and impact indicator for projects.
• Provide input and update information related to project outcome on ORCAS GLOBAL website and other platform
• Any other activity that will be assigned the M&E by the Chief Executive Officer or his other officers.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Minimum qualification of an HND/ BSc. Monitoring and Evaluation , Project management, Planning and Community Development,
• At least 2 years relevant workplace experience,
• Significant and demonstrable financial management and business planning experience.
• Excellent spoken English and written communication skills.
• Experienced managing staff.
• High level of competence in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, and in internet search and use.
• The ability to juggle a demanding workload, to work to deadlines and to be flexible.
• The ability to build and maintain excellent working relationships with external stakeholders and to work as part of a cohesive and supportive team, including the ability to work sensitively and respectfully with people from different backgrounds.
• Passionate and ability to learn
• Experience in writing funding applications and donor liaison.
• Experience in working in for profit and non-profit organization.
Salary: Very Attractive and based on experience
Location: Tamale, Northern Region
How To Apply For The Job
Apply by sending your CV, Cover Letter, Certificates and other relevant documents to:
Kindly indicate the position you are applying for on the Subject of the email you are sending.
Closing Date: 10 January, 2020
Note: Only Shortlisted Applicants will be contacted
Please login to your account to bookmark this entry.
Apply For job
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com