Wekplace is a leading online employment marketplace and a virtual Human Resources services provider for companies. We modernize the way companies manage people, from the way they recruit, onboard, develop talent, pay, retain, and build a company culture. We currently operate in Kigali – Rwanda, and Accra – Ghana.
We are coordinating the hiring of a Lecturer in Marketing for our client. The ideal candidate will be responsible for the following:
Working in the Department of Business and Management, this post will focus on teaching and supporting doctoral students as part of the Marketing, Events and Tourism subject group. We would particularly welcome applications from candidates with expertise in Digital Marketing, Research Methods, Marketing Analytics, or Specialist Marketing Practice.
To deliver teaching and learning to support the overall delivery of the modules and programs as part of the Marketing in order to achieve outstanding learning outcomes for our doctoral students. To engage in research and/or scholarly/professional activity to enhance and inform the teaching design, delivery and curriculum development.
At senior lecturer level, to actively lead and participate in the design, development and assessment of module(s), and take overall responsibility for the academic health and currency of the module(s)/program and perform a visible leadership role in relation to the teaching team.
1. Teaching and Learning
· Teach as a member of a teaching team at postgraduate level, across a range of modules or within a subject area, and contribute to the delivery of cross-departmental modules (where appropriate). Teach in a variety of settings from small group tutorials to large lectures.
· Identify learning needs of doctoral students, define appropriate learning objectives, and ensure that these are met through content, methods of delivery and learning materials.
· Contribute to/lead the planning and design of new modules and new delivery modes to support curriculum development across a range of modules/programs and/or within a subject area.
· Supervise the work of doctoral students (including projects, field trips and where appropriate, placements) and provide advice and support on study skills and help with learning problems.
· Continually improve and enhance teaching design and delivery by reflecting on own teaching practice, and obtaining and analyzing feedback from doctoral students and peer observation.
2. Assessment and marking
· Select formative and summative assessment methods/approaches to monitor and measure doctoral students work against learning objectives.
· Mark and assess doctoral students work and monitor their progress by reference to the assessment criteria, providing timely and effective feedback in line with Institution quality standards.
· Contribute to field and award boards.
3. Academic roles
· Undertake the pastoral and academic care of doctoral students through the academic and personal tutor (APT) role, referring doctoral students to professional services where appropriate.
· Act as a module/program leader and co-ordinate with others (academic and professional service staff) to ensure student needs and the operational requirements of the module or program are met.
· Act as a mentor (where applicable) to colleagues with less experience.
4. Research and scholarship
· Engage in scholarly/professional/research activity in the context of events or tourism to enhance ones own practice
· Apply knowledge to teaching and external activities, and expand opportunities within the department and across the faculty/wider institution to share innovations.
· Conduct individual or collaborative scholarly projects.
· Contribute to the development of research that underpins the teaching in the subject area, by securing internal and external funding and engaging with members of the faculty research centers.
5. Communications and networking
· Contribute to collaborative links with other program/subjects, and to the collegiate life of the subject group, department, faculty, and institution.
· Develop internal and external networks. At Senior Lecturer to form relationships for future collaborations, for example, to contribute to student recruitment, secure student placements, facilitate outreach work, generate income, obtain consultancy projects, or build relationships for future activities.
· Continue the development of links with external partners in the city, region, nationally, and internationally.
· Undertake appropriate administrative duties in areas such as admissions, timetabling, examinations, and assessment of progress and student attendance.
· Contribute to recruitment and admissions processes including attendance at open days and the development of program literature.
· Participate in the full range of activities of the department, including degree shows, external exhibitions, and liaison with schools, colleges, and community.
· Attend team, program, departmental/faculty meetings as required.
· Be responsible for your own health and safety and that of your colleagues, in accordance with the institutions health and safety policy.
· Comply with the Institutions equal opportunities policy and uses this role to promote equality of opportunity wherever possible.
· To undertake any other duties which fall within the remit of this post.
· Qualified to PhD level in a subject relevant to this role.
· Recognized teaching qualification.
· Evidence of continuing professional development.
· Possesses sufficient breadth and/or depth of specialist knowledge in the discipline to work within the established teaching program.
· Demonstrates the ability to engage the interest and enthusiasm of doctoral students and inspire them to learn having taught in a variety of environments such as large scale lecturers, workshops and small group tutorials within a further or higher educational setting.
· Has the ability to design innovative teaching and assessment materials for a taught program and engages in technology enabled learning to support effective student learning.
· Demonstrates effective student support skills with an understanding of standard institution policies and services that exist to support them.
· Is able to work collaboratively with other team members and wider institution colleagues to foster relationships and achieve shared priorities.
· Demonstrates effective written and verbal communicate skills to produce academic documentation, and to present complex and conceptual ideas clearly across diverse audiences.
· Demonstrates initiative and problem solving skills in order to apply appropriate learning approaches to teaching and learning support.
· Is able to contribute to the strategic development of the module/program.
· Demonstrates good working knowledge of IT systems.
· Is able to balance the pressures of teaching, administrative and/or other demands to meet competing deadlines, and has a proactive and flexible approach.
· Has a commitment to enhancing teaching quality and standards through research and/or scholarly/professional practice, and to develop a culture of continuous improvement and change.
· Makes an enthusiastic contribution to the collegiate life of the subject group, department, faculty and institution.
· Has a respect for the Institutions values, and a commitment to contribute to the role that higher education can make in society.
· Has experience of administration, quality assurance procedures and organization elements of a taught program.
· Demonstrates experience of research supervision at undergraduate and masters level.
· Shows an understanding of work based learning through having experienced working on program with integrated placements, internships or through distance learning.
At Wekplace we do take our qualifications seriously, hence candidates who do meet the stated qualifications will be rejected. Always remember Wekplace does not require any payment from job applicants whatsoever during our hiring process. Please ensure your information is been well displayed in the forms before submitting it. Wekplace is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. Kindly call/WhatsApp (+233) 0302959356 for follow-ups, inquiries, or reports or visit www.weklace.com to know more about us.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.