Our Client, a Public Service Institution invites applications from highly qualified and results oriented professionals for the following positions: Management Accountant
• The role holder will provide management reports and accounts to help the Institution in taking correct policy-decisions and improving the efficiency of operations. He/She will also assist in the update and development of management accounting policies in line with changes in business dynamics within the institution
• Review and submit accurate and timely reports (Profit and Loss Accounts, Cash Flow statement, balance sheet) and variance and analysis reporting on the institution for approval by the Head of Finance
• Coordinate the production of the annual budget and periodic forecasting and recommend actions for financial optimization and organisational improvement with required tax considerations
• Supervise accounting staff in analysing and presenting financial and operational metrics and conducting cost benefit and profitability analysis
• Proactively report any potential/real financial risk within the operations of the institution and coordinate the implementation of measures to mitigate such risks
• Liaise with the Operations Division to conduct project appraisals, evaluation and post-implementation analysis
• Report on the Institution’s assets and liabilities including balance sheet account reconciliations and review of intangible assets in compliance with statutory payment and reporting requirements
• Maintain knowledge of trends, developments, and best practices in the accounting profession and apply this knowledge in recommending and implementing process and policy change
• Perform any other duties as assigned
Qualification Required & Experience
Essential and Desirable Criteria
• A minimum of a Master’s Degree in Accounting/ Finance or related discipline from a recognized institution
• Professional certification in Accounting (ICA, ACCA, CIMA, CFA, CPA)
• Minimum of ten (10) years’ relevant work experience in the private and public sector with two (2) years in a managerial role
How To Apply For The Job
To apply, please send your application with a detailed CV to:
Closing Date: 27 December, 2019
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please login to your account to bookmark this entry.
Apply For job
To apply for this job please visit kpmg.com.gh.