Maintenance Specialist – Process Plant
AngloGold Ashanti Ghana Limited are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Maintenance Specialist – Process Plant.
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently on a journey to redevelop the Obuasi Gold Mine into a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation.
The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Maintenance Specialist is accountable for maintaining production and quality by ensuring operation of machinery and mechanical equipment are monitored and controlled to standard, through the application of operational engineering policies, standards, processes and procedures to maximise plant availability in a sustainable cost-effective manner and minimize operational risks in order to meet the business’ strategic objective.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Mechanical Engineering Technician III (20+ relevant experience); Degree or Higher National Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (12+relevant experience) or equivalent
- Financial, commercial and project management through work experience and courses.
- An experienced mechanical maintenance engineer with minimum 12 years’ relevant experience in, preferably Gold Process Plant maintenance
- Experience in management of Maintenance and Repair Contracts (MARC) and Plant Shutdown Maintenance
- Experience working in environments with noise, dust, elevated work areas, confined work areas, extremes of temperature, water, slurry
- Knowledge of SAP PM module.
- Must possess Inspecting Engineer or Sectional Engineer’s Certificate of Competency from Mineral Commission of Ghana.
- Professional Certificated Engineer with a relevant certification body will be an advantage.
- Strong mechanical maintenance competencies in mining and/or extractive metallurgy environment
- Sound project management skills
- Should have analytical skills to be able to evaluate information and solve complex problems.
- Detail oriented to understand complex systems, and recognition that a minor error can cause major problems.
- Commercially astute and able to work effectively with third parties.
- Legally astute with respect to project delivery and maintenance systems
- Excellent skills in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Project and Excel
- Must be able to communicate about technical issues both orally and in writing
- Knowledge in AGA standards
- Knowledge in OEM legalities and mining regulations
- Demonstrated understanding of good engineering practices and the implementation of proactive maintenance strategies
- Build and sustain a team of subordinates capable of producing those outputs;
- Continuously improve the processes used by the team in delivering outputs;
- Model work behaviors for your subordinates,
- Consistent with the company values
- Proven ability to initiate and drive the construction project through its life cycle.
- Support and motivate the construction project team to deliver the project goals.
- Find innovative solutions through creative thinking and problem solving.
- Create an environment of teamwork and willingness to help co-workers
- Able to work different kinds of people
- Organizational skills to keep track of many workers, schedules, and budgets all at once.
Interested Ghanaians with the above qualification and experience should submit their applications, with detailed CV.
CLOSING DATE: 11TH MARCH, 2020
BEWARE OF CONMENT! AGAG does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +233556582933 or 0322296755 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or use the internet at www.tip-offs.comBEWARE OF CONMENT! AGAG does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +233556582933 or 0322296755 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or emailing email@example.com or use the internet at www.tip-offs.com
To apply for this job please visit career5.successfactors.eu.