Underground Mining Alliance Ltd. (“UMA”) is a Joint Venture between African Underground Mining Services Limited (AUMS) and Rocksure International carrying out underground development and production works for the AngloGold Ashanti (Obuasi) Mine.
UMA is seeking to employ qualified and experienced person to fill the position of Maintenance Planner. This is an Obuasi based Fixed Term position with a competitive work roster at its operations in Obuasi. Remuneration package includes attractive salary and performance-based incentive payments for the right candidates.
The position will provide you with an excellent opportunity to further develop your career in maintenance planning while working alongside experienced industry professionals in a safe, dynamic and outcome focused environment.
Position: Maintenance Planner
Reporting to the Maintenance Foreman, the Maintenance Planner will manage the planning of scheduled servicing and maintenance of mobile surface and underground equipment ensuring compliance with all safety and statutory requirements. The incumbent will work closely with maintenance supervisors to ensure availability of the equipment, reduce associated costs and utilize current maintenance planning procedures to generate planned maintenance and major component repair cost budgets.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
UMA operation fleet consists of Jumbo Drills, Solos, Boggers (Loaders), Haul Trucks, Agitator Trucks, Spray Mech, Normet Charmec, Integrated Tools (IT), Dozers, Graders, Surface Light Vehicles and other related equipment regarding underground and surface operations.
- Interpret mid to long term plans and insuring these are translated to a day to day maintenance schedule to meet those plans;
- Schedule daily equipment preventative maintenance service and socialize with Maintenance Supervisors;
- Ensure key performance indicators are captured and reported for equipment reliability, departmental performance, planning and scheduled business flow process;
- Plan, organize, & implement effective maintenance policies and procedures within the Maintenance Department;
- Monitor and track major component changes, wear items, service hour variance, equipment utilization, and damages;
- Monitor and track equipment component oil analysis program;
- Daily upkeep of equipment repair and maintenance history records;
- Monitoring and tracking equipment warranty considerations;
- Ensure all equipment are properly inspected, registered, and any additional requirements are satisfied as per Company’s policies and government regulations;
- Assist in the development and implementation of strategies and tools used to resolve issues arising from the dynamics of an expanding equipment fleet;
- Undertake site visits as required, to evaluate and provide guidance on maintenance planning and scheduling processes
- Minimum of BSc. in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering with at least five years of post-qualification working experience in Underground Mining and maintenance planning;
- Must possess a valid Ghanaian driving and operating licenses (C & E Classes) and can drive underground;
- Possession of a Professional Certification in Maintenance and Reliability (CMRP) will be an added advantage;
- Must have sound knowledge and comprehension of maintenance strategies, processes and practices;
- Previous experience working autonomously or with limited supervision in a mobile plant maintenance planning function;
- Must have sound knowledge and experience with maintenance systems such as Pronto;
- Good working familiarity with Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word, Outlook, MS Project;
- Must have a well-developed understanding and knowledge of preventative scheduled maintenance as well as regulatory and statutory requirement;
- Willing to work extended hours to achieve tight deadlines;
- Highly self-motivated with a positive, can do attitude;
- Strong leadership, communication and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to work with individuals and groups at all levels of the organization;
- High attention to detail, strong work ethic and excellent organizational skills;
- Proven ability to effectively prioritize duties and solve problems;
- The ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment with the utmost professionalism, discretion and confidentiality;
- A positive and proactive attitude towards teamwork and safety;
Eligible candidates will be selected after the interview process and evaluated for suitability in terms of behavioural characteristics, organisational fit, capability to work with the relevant complexity of work and ability to establish and maintain a positive and engaging culture with all stakeholders.
When applying, please follow the guidelines below to maximize the success of your application:
- Limit your Curriculum Vitae (CV) to four (4) pages
- Your CV must include demographic detail, qualifications, work experience and a minimum of two referees
- List your most recent positions first.
- Include copies of relevant, original certificates and academic records
Applications, together with detailed curriculum vitae and proof of qualifications, should be submitted by the deadline date to firstname.lastname@example.org before or on 27th November 2020.