Kempinski Hotel Gold Coast City
Kempinski Hotel Gold Coast City – Accra is the only five-star luxury hotel offering state of the art meeting facilities and services in the city. Conveniently located in the downtown area and in close proximity to the State House, the Accra International Conference Centre and the National Theatre.
The property has 269 luxury rooms (largest room size in Accra), 24 suites, a variety of F&B offerings as well as large conference facilities and the largest SPA in West Africa (opening soon), a perfect mix of categories to meet the needs of both corporate and conference visitors to the country
The Life Guard at Kempinski is to ensure the safety of guest in the facility by preventing and responding to emergencies.
- Maintains constant surveillance of guest in the facility; acts immediately and appropriately to secure safety of guest in the event of emergency.
- Provides emergency care and treatment as required until the arrival of emergency medical services.
- Cautions swimmers regarding unsafe practices and safety hazards; enforces and adheres to pool rules and regulations.
- Determines chlorine content and pH value of water, using water testing kit, and record readings.
- Presents professional appearance and attitude at all times, and maintains a high standard of customer service.
- Performs various maintenance duties as directed to maintain a clean and safe facility.
Prepares and maintains appropriate activity reports.
- Provides general information on pool operation to guest.
Teaches swimming lessons
- Administers First Aid
- Rescues swimmers in danger of drowning.
- Inspects facilities for cleanliness; completes general pool cleaning, maintenance duties and refilling of the pool
- Responsible for the availability and safekeeping of emergency equipment (rescue tubes, backboard, signs and other equipment).
- Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time, depending on the need of the business and hotel.
Desired Skills And Responsibilities
- Relevant certificate- Life Guard Certification
- Minimum two (2) years in a similar role, preferably with an international 5* hotel chain
- Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment:
- English – excellent oral and written skills
- Additional language – beneficial
- Ability to work independently, thrive under pressure in challenging circumstances and come up with proactive, rational solutions
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to establish and retain effective working relationships with hotel staff and clients / vendors
- Ability to identify and delegate tasks effectively
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Applies a professional, confidential and ethical approach at all times
- Works in a safe, prudent and organised manner
- People oriented
- Passionate for European luxury
- Business acumen
- Sense of responsibility
- Team player
- Flexible and reliable
- Tolerant and open minded
- Works well under pressure
Hoteliers since 1897, we have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of our European heritage. We are dedicated to please, educated to entertain, and we never compromise on the European elegance of service. We pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. And for our employees, we provide a stage on which they can flourish and realise their full potential.
Embrace an experience as individual as you are!
Please login to your account to bookmark this entry.
Apply For job
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com