Ghana College of Pharmacists
JOB TITLE: LIBRARIAN
JOB TYPE: FULL TIME
• Academic librarians are responsible for acquiring, organizing, managing and distributing library resources, and ensuring that library provision meets the needs of all its users.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Responsible for the management of the College Library.
• Selecting, developing, cataloguing and classifying library resources
• Using library systems and specialist computer applications
• Liaising with departmental academic staff, external organizations and suppliers
• managing budgets, resources and developing IT facilities
• supporting independent research and learning
• assisting readers to use computer equipment, conduct literature searches etc
• Develop and update library instructional modules and document instructional resources for undergraduate classes.
• Create and manage library operations manual, attend meetings and gain professional development opportunities.
• Support print and electronic information materials and resources usage.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Holders of a first degree in Library and Information studies or equivalent
• A master’s degree will be an added advantage.
• At least five (5) years cognitive post qualification experience
• Excellent verbal and drafting skills in English
• Computer literate and experience of automated library will be an added experience
• A maximum age limit of 45 years;
• Good organization and time management skills, accuracy, speed and attention to detail.
• Must have excellent managerial and leadership skills
• Must be highly motivated person
• Must be a team player
• Must have a high level of integrity
• Must have the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Must have good written and communication skills
Reports directly to the Director of Academic Affairs of the College.
How To Apply For The Job
Applications with the subject heading of preferred position should be emailed to:
firstname.lastname@example.org with cover letter, CV and copies of relevant certificates and documents.
Closing Date: 14 June, 2019
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.