The African Forum for Research and Education in Health (AFREhealth) is an interdisciplinary health professions organization that works with educational institutions, Ministries of Health, and other stakeholders to improve the quality of health care in Africa through research, education and capacity building with a focus on health workforce development and interprofessional collaboration. It is formed by individuals, universities, institutions, and networks from all the geographic and linguistic regions of Africa namely Anglophone, Francophone, Lusophone and Arabophone.
To be a responsive and leading African forum in the pursuit of excellence in health research, education and service provision.
To provide African leadership for responsive health professions education, training, research and service delivery through: (a) Partnership/Collaboration, (b) Networking, (c) Advocacy, (d)Resource mobilization, (e) Strategic communication, (f) Sharing best practices, (g) Capacity building, and (h) Transformation of responsive health professions education, research and healthcare deliver
AFREhealth is driven by the following keys values: a) Professionalism; b) Accountability; c) Mutual respect; d) Team spirt; e) Gender sensitivity; f) Excellence; g) Equity; h) Inclusiveness
- Duty Post: Kumasi
- Position Reports to: TBD
- Positions Supervised: None
- Employment type: Contract up to September 2021; renewable subject to availability of funds
- In conjunction with the Executive Director, identify the LMS implementation activities and tasks, determine the persons responsible for each individual task and provide clarity, as needed, on responsibilities so that every individual knows what is expected of them.
- Actively participate in e-Learning course development and upkeep by coordinating and
- ensuring that all those involved in a course content development work well together and are aware of the common goal. S/he will review and revise the course content, after consultation with the relevant committees to ensure errors that undermine the quality of the course are dealt with, as well as resolve navigation issues in the course design.
- Define user roles and enroll them. For instance, which learners have access to specific online training content, or which pre-requisites learners need to complete before they are able to access certain online training modules or activities.
- Maintain accurate LMS records, analyze and evaluate all the metrics to gauge effectiveness of the system.
- Train users and assist on basic system functionality including self-serve functionalities (i.e. reporting, accessing learning materials, course assignment, recording training activities).
- Provide support to the relevant technical team by appropriately assigning troubleshooting tasks to the appropriate IT expert/s and giving them the resources they require to work.
- Coordinate and administrate the appropriate structures of AFREhealth (e.g. E-Learning Technical Working Group, Training and Skills Development Standing Committee, etc.) on the development and fine-tuning of AFREhealth’s online training strategy, the governance of the LMS, and other related assignment as may be required.
- Provide on-going feedback to the LMS infrastructure technical experts, the instructional designer/s, AFREhealth leadership, the Secretariat team, etc. to enhance content management and the workflow, as well as to learners who may require additional support to achieve their learning goals.
- Maintain the system which includes upgrading the system to maximize functionality, uploading new content, back-up and restore courses, etc.
- Coordinate the development of resources for helping others within AFREhealth to master the platform. Such resources may include flowcharts or demonstrations that showcase how to access or navigate the LMS.
- Assist with maintaining and managing AFREhealth membership database system, including the analysis of the membership data and linking it to the AFREhealth website.
- Serve as primary point of contact with LMS Infrastructural technical experts
- Relevant Diploma, certificate in IT field
- Familiarity with instructional design for health sciences
- Knowledge of trends in the use and effectiveness of eLearning
- Experience entering/editing content into an LMS, ideally Moodle
- Analytical, verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team (including a remote team with members in different countries)
- Knowledge of Microsoft programmes
Qualified persons are required to send their Curriculum Vitae (CV) and application letter to: email@example.com.
- Deadline for the submission of applications: 30 January, 2021.
- Please note that given the likely high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NOTE: All staff members of AFREhealth, regardless of the level of their responsibilities are expected to:
- Model the vision and mission stated above
- participate in the business development processes
- contribute to the knowledge sharing and transfer process
- make responsible decisions that result in time and cost containment and clear accountability
- participate in multiple teams, adopt team spirit, take responsibility for action items assigned and provide feedback as needed
- multitask, be able to manage competing priorities and be able to prioritize in order to meet program and/or organizational objectives