Lead Hand Driller – Cubex ITH & Solo at Kinross
Chirano is located in southwestern Ghana, approximately 100 kilometres southwest of Kumasi, Ghana’s second largest city.
The mine is within the Bibiani gold belt and consists of 11 deposits. Open pit and underground ore are processed at the Chirano plant.
The capacity of the mill is approximately 3.5 million tonnes per annum. Processing involves crushing, ball mill grinding, leaching, and CIL.
- Maintain production goals and objectives as a team member.
- Ensure relevant Safety, Mining and other statutory Codes and Regulations remain in full compliance.
- Ensure all tasks or activities are executed and aligned with Standard Operating Procedures and Safe Work Instructions at all times.
- Report all accidents, unsafe positions, defected equipment, and safety complains to immediate supervisor or to HSE representative.
- Read and interpret drilling plans to ensure cost-effectiveness of all drilling operations.
- Ensure proper rig-up and rig-down procedures.
- Provide reliable and accurate operational knowledge and practical application to minimize down time and loss of production.
- Plan and mobilize equipment to drilling site (Tramming).
- Work collaboratively with Mining Engineers and the Survey team to ensure drilling is undertaken to plan.
- Provide ongoing coordination of services and communicate with supervisors and fellow crew members.
- Must possess at least MSLC/SHS Certificate or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Must have at least three (3) years’ working experience in an underground mining.
- Must be able to read and interpret technical drawings, parts books and service manuals (including specifications) for Company Equipment.
- Must have basic electrical and mechanical knowledge on the ITH Cubex Machine.
- Must be able to read, write and speak good English.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License/Operating Permits.
Kinross is a Canadian-based gold mining company with mines and projects in Canada, the United States, Brazil, Chile, Russia, Ghana and Mauritania, employing approximately 9,300 people worldwide.
Our core purpose is to lead the world in generating value through responsible mining.